[Bad question] Importing 3D models to MTA

Hey guys! I've made a model in SketchUp and succesfully converted everything, and I have three files, the DFF model, the TXD pack and the COL.

All's great, the sun's shinin', but I'd like to know how to put them in MTA (preferably with new object IDs - if not, are there unused objects which I can replace without 'hurting' the main game? - Also, I'd like to be able to use them in MTA Map Editor.)

If there is a tutorial on this already, please let me know. I admit I haven't searched - I don't know what keywords to look for exactly. (N00b here.)

I think this link should point you in the right direction:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadDFF

(You should be able to find details on related functions such as EngineLoadTXD etc from that page, as well as examples)

As for the IDs question, there are unused IDs in the range of values used by GTA, though I'm not sure that they can or should be utilised for replacing objects in MTA. I personally replace objects that exist only in Interiors - the interior objects themselves, pieces of furniture etc - so that there is never any conflict of objects in dim 0 int 0 (normal map). I find that to be a safe and abundant supply of usable IDs. You should be able to set it so that the object replacement only occurs in dim 0 int 0 (not in the interior objects' native interior), or only occurs when you are within streaming distance of the instanced object.

If you don't know where to start in looking for such objects, I'd recommend downloading MEd and loading up some of the interior IPLs. Or I guess you can just load up the IPL files in Notepad or something (...\GTA San Andreas\data\maps\interior\*.IPL)