a gameplay issue..(help plz)

hello ! :)

it seems i cannot select a class in MTA VC : only robbers is available..

i try left, right (on gamepad nor keyboard, it does not work.

running on win7 x64, steam version of gtaVC. 68last mta release r2full..

any help plz ?

EDIT: I i respond to u here coz quick reply is bug maybe :?

nono, i just tested : local server + client + gtaVC steam version 1.1 blood on seven x64 -> all works fine.

just u need to remap keys/configure the buttons again in your MTA-GTA menu option -> joypad...

Edited by Guest

there an issue with steam :

when u put 1.0 or 1.1 exe (blood), the game freeze on load.. u need to restart from the begining. (not a pb if u just buyed it on steam)

(for me that worked)

then with mta vc it works perfect.

yes i replaced the gta-vc.exe from steam (2.0 ?) by a 1.1 exe (+blood)...

but u got to restart the game becoze i think the savegames are not "retro-compatible"..

btw, everytimes i launch VC on steam it does not patch the game. so all right !

i think nothing but the exe...

all the rest seems to be data, configs (handling, etc...).

as u know the patch program patch only the exe.

so no matter to revert back to 1.1 blood (and MTA), except if u already far in the game steam version....

in any case, in all manner.. u can ever swap the exe... one for MTA one for GTA.

Makes sense. The reason why I ask is because I have executables for the Steam versions, but I can't run them with or without Steam because the copies of III and VC I own are not Steam ones, so it refuses to run them. I also noticed extra executables called "testapp.exe" for each game. If memory addresses in the executable are the only change that physically affects the game in MTA, this could lead to some interesting research...

yeah i also noticed that exe (that i never directly launched.....)

(i know the why ...)

"for the executables for steam version" ------------->

i saw there was some EXE and savegames "ONLY FOR STEAM".

i don'"t care since i got the classic 1.1 blood exe (on steam) . :D:lol:

Makes sense. The reason why I ask is because I have executables for the Steam versions, but I can't run them with or without Steam because the copies of III and VC I own are not Steam ones, so it refuses to run them. I also noticed extra executables called "testapp.exe" for each game. If memory addresses in the executable are the only change that physically affects the game in MTA, this could lead to some interesting research...

hi dude !

i did not understanding well coz im not english im french ^^

when i go in steamapps/gta/ .. i can run both GTA-VC.EXE from there (if they 1.1 or 2.0), normally it should work too.

i heard someone got same pb... he tried "differents EXE" from a site (google somethink), and in effect he has on ly 1 EXE running well from 10 differents.

so i dunno and can't tell which one will work for you as i got the steam version, european maybe...

no ! i DLed the classic MATVC 1.1 blood exe and it is not a steam exe.

the pb i encountered are :

-when loading a random 100 % savegames , i (de) oops... i Activated frame limiter in video options.

-when loading a 2.0 patch savegames on a 1.1 exe, i got black screen locked on "loading".

but if u "campaign" gta , jus(t run the steam 2.0 exe.

and if u play MTA, u replace the steam exe (make a copy-paste..) by the one "classic (or steam)" 1.1 blood exe.

that works fine for me. with classic 1.1

• 3 weeks later...

ye... u can run a "gta-vc1.1.exe" and also a "gta vc 2.0.exe" for solo...(in the gta folder/)

u just need to add shortcuts to dersktop if u want...

edit: àof course i talk about steam version but i see no reason it wont work on retail Vice city folder... :D

edit2: i used 5$ for all gta from to san andreas , viva steam ! 8)

also got GTAIV (huh..) on PS3 but it is not charismùatic... (multi is fun through..)

edit3: loved the bank hack mission on IV <3 it can keep you 30-45 minutes for getting "fine"............. :x

• 3 weeks later...
ye... u can run a "gta-vc1.1.exe" and also a "gta vc 2.0.exe" for solo...(in the gta folder/)

edit: àof course i talk about steam version but i see no reason it wont work on retail Vice city folder... :D

It was repackaged as a different executable with it's own legal "No-CD" thing built in that is tied to the Steam application itself, so all the memory addresses are different because it's a new, recompiled file.

• 2 weeks later...
I never played gta 3 because of poverty, but very much I want to play. If you can to play with me write letters on [email protected] with place and time instructions. I wait!

I have some random test servers up for GTA3:MTA if you want to play with people when they are online, and Liberty-Unleashed is another mod for GTA III multiplayer as well that you could use. Both of them have players at random times :)