[WIP] Borderpatrol Gamemode

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.1 qaisjp, but I will test later, when I have more things added.

by the way, I made a few progress last days guys :)

Changes:

- I changed the hands up system for emigrants alot!

- Used and edited cuffed system of JH10 to my preference.

- Fixed alot of bugs on animation of hands up, jacking a emigrant from a car.

- Made the appearance better, when resource starts.

- Fixed small bugs when teleporting to prison

- Good end system game made.

This is almost playable, I just need to do the following before a good test:

- Spectate Mode

- Edit the current money system, need the GUIs for chiefs.

I was wrong when I said I would end this about august start, seems that will be a delay :S

I will go on vacation too, and I dont want to release it with bugs and with just a few features..

I prefer to take two week more and fix everything and implement the last features :)

Thanks jacob for using ur cuff system :)

I am near the finish line finally +.+

It has been a nice learning while I script ^^

• 1 month later...

No no guys! Its not END!

I made for myself a promise that I would do this gamemode! Alone or with someone! Doesnt matter how, I will do it!

I am just very busy now, working with java :x

Believe me guys, this is one of many wishes I have.

Thanks for your interest guys ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi there guys, its been a while since the last update on this gamemode :)

I must say that school was good, I made everything, and I have now one week to work on this . because second semester it will start soon !

I am very rusty, but today I start scripting a bit and have a few updates for you guys:

1º Respawn System of House Protection Done (The Pieces of Wood)

2º Money System GUI Done (will be updated when new ideas for use of money come)

I must say that its almost done for a beta, but I need to polish a few things, dont wanna a bad beta :)

Thanks all your support people and especially MTA

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to come by to warn you that I and this project are still alive eheh :P

I must also say that I made some progress in recent days, modified the system to rebuild the shelter of the emigrants in the USA (on my map, Las Venturas)

Do not know if you remember how this system would work to rebuild the house. The idea is : there are small pieces of wood to put on the map (Custom Element of Gamemode, maximum possible parts limited by gamemode: 150), and these pieces together should build the shelter of the emigrants, will also be the house that emigrants must hold for a few seconds to win the game, after sell all the weed . Inside this house can/should be some weapons, not many, on my map I will add it.

These pieces, being shotted and punched, will obvius be destroyed....then the reconstruction system will rebuild them after a specific amount time, this time can be reduced by increasing the level of the team EMIGRANTS.

Note: I also may think in another way to make reconstruction, for example, instead of using a set time, could be eg: a work station itself a migrant would have to spend time .. until all the parts are reconstructed. I do not know, could also be .. give your opinions about this and the rest..

- Reimplemented full system of rebuild "pieces of the house" -- FULL WORKING, Tested Hard

Thanks all the support MTA and Community ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I am here with some news for you guys , I have been busy with this, doing some progress :)

I work out how could improve somethings and recoded many things the last few days.

The 'Emigrants Team' money maker system, the bag of weed as I told ya before, was really improved on my honest opinion. On a old version you would start start with one bag of weed, and then you would go to USA and sell it to the dealer, now everything changes!

There is a farm on emigrants side, before the big wall, (this is will be customized, so you can build your farm wherever you want, but I decide to build before the wall, and near emigrants spawnpoint, not near enough to go walking, but you pick a car eheh).

So.. on this farm, you will have crops of weed inside greenhouses (I built to my official map of this gamemode, maybe you dont want to put greenhouses, but there will be custom element 'crop' that you really need to place it, maximum 5 crops on a map). You can harvest weed from the crops, you need to be crouched and hold a key till a bar is fully 100%.

Then you will pick a weed piece, the crop gets removed, and it will grow again after a few minutes, time is random..

You cant carry more than one weed, so when u pick one, you must go to USA and sell it ;)

Now there is a big thing to be said: THE UPGRADE TEAM SYSTEM, and you ask, what the hell is that?

Okay both teams ('police' and 'emigrants') have many upgrades to do, and all of them start on lvl1 and go till lvl5. All upgrades cost money, so your captain should choose wisely, talk with your team first!

On each round, a random player of each team is choosen to be team's captain .

Only the captain have access to buy/upgrade system panel, open using 'M' key.

A few details about this panel:

- You can give captains right to someone..

- You can upgrade weapons lvl (lvl 1 only pistol, lvl 2 pistol and shotgun, lvl 3 pistol and shotgun and submachine... and so on)

- [Emigrants] You can upgrade crops lvl (lvl 1 only one crop, lvl 2 two crops, lvl 3 three crops, and so on till lvl 5..)

- [Emigrants] You can upgrade grow lvl (lvl1 grow very slow, lvl 2 grow slow, lvl 3 grow a bit fast, lvl 4 a lot faster..)

- [Police] You can upgrade heli spawn lvl (lvl 1 one spawnpoint for heli, lvl 2 two spawnpoints for heli..)

and you choose the spot for each lvl, where you want the heli to spawn..

- On that panel there will be also shop, where both teams can buy ammo for all their buddys, i mean their team mates..

- Later will be more upgrades to do..

I also think alot about the late game, and recoded the main objective, before you would need 30% of the players on emigrants to be on the house and hold it for a few minutes, now that changed!!

Emigrants can win with ONE player there holding.. but will take ages (I mean like 5 minutes...), and while you get more people there, holding the house, less time you need to hold it ! The progress bar auto updates itself with players inside the house :)

If I wrote alot for you, this is progress:

- Upgrade System for Both Teams

- Money System for Both Teams

- Farm/Grow/Weed system for Emigrants

- End Game recoded, holding the house auto adjusts to the amount of player holding it.

I hope you enjoyed this few updates I made on this days, and by the way sorry about the big wall of text eheh, but I was alot of excited to tell you all the news :D

Hope you like it, I will keep the working, and try to release it as soon as possible!