[WIP] Borderpatrol Gamemode

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just come here to tell u guys the situation of the gamemode:

So I have been learning alot lately from my problems, and I start to understand lua better each day, I fixed some bugs that were on the gamemode since the start, like problems with spawn, sync of lights, people didnt get arrested when it was meant to be, I fixed too a major bug on teleports, and add progress bars to it, its really nice now. And I also fixed a something on the traps, if they collide with them but dont explode them, and then leave them, u wont see them, this was done with leaving the col shape :)

Yesterday and today, I made the goal system for emigrants, I guess its pretty nice.

Each emigrants have one bag of weed with them on the start, and depending on the amount of players they need to sell a total of X bags, there are NPCs all over the map where emigrants call sell their bag. After selling those X bags, they can go to the safe house of emigrants and HOLD the position for one real minute (Maybe I will change this timer).

The goal of the police its obvious.. arrest as many as you can, and dont let them reach the house :)

Maybe I will improve the goals for the police members, maybe they will need to discover the insider or something..

Its on a good way I guess, but there are many things to do yet, I need to make a good spectator mode, a death system (this will be easy), and then need to do the harder: "make the EDFs files and make the settings of this gamemode" this is very important, so other guys from community can make other maps for this gamemode :)

I also need to remake from scratch the auto-balance, its not good enough.

So I wanna thank the all the guys that keep helping me on this, here on forum and on skype!

People never give up of teaching, I mean, for me they never had gave up . And thats awesome!

So thanks all ;)

And lets hope I can finnaly finish this!

Just to make the game more random (thus entertaining) you should make this with different maps, like different parts of the USA - Mexico border, so people don't get bored playing this

Ye thats what I said bro on the above post, about the EDF files :)

Thanks for ur reply.

Ideas:

Achievements and Point system

I already have many things to implement bro, maybe in later versions.

But you need to talk about which achievements and how to use point system, would be nice :b

By the way, I made a few progress on the gamemode :)

[10-07-2011]

--- Fixed small bugs with timer and spawn gui. Also both only appear if gamemode had not started and if there are more than 2 players.

--- Fixed something with all gui window, cannot be sizeable or moved now.

--- Fixed a minor bugs on passage's teleport, collision problems, and knocked of bike problems.

--- Fixed alot of bugs on visibility:

Dealers Blips and House Blip only visible to emigrants team.

Members of a team can only see blips of enemy team members if they are in 100 meters of distance [will improve this on mta 1.1 with setBlipVisibleDistance]

Members of a team can see blips of each one with max distance.

Pfft, you are kidding, atleast you got more posts from others than my gamemode! It IS big, it is a unique idea and most of all it is a brilliant idea!

If you are not sure, I can make start it off and then you can upload your progress. You can ask a mta administrator to add it to Picard (google code bot) on the IRC

Pfft, you are kidding, atleast you got more posts from others than my gamemode! It IS big, it is a unique idea and most of all it is a brilliant idea!

If you are not sure, I can make start it off and then you can upload your progress. You can ask a mta administrator to add it to Picard (google code bot) on the IRC

Posts are just posts, you must not rely on them, but thanks for your opinion.

I have readed something about projects on code google, and its a good thing to have if there are a big team working on a big project. But I am alone in this, besides the ones here in the forum that keep helping me. But I do the code, so I guess dont need an online server to store files like code google does, right? it will just delay the project.

Thanks!

No, it makes the world able to find bugs easier. People test it, people unintentionally (or intentionally) find a bug, report it and boom, you have a bug find! It is more organised, the only thing i wouldn't use gcode for is if im compiling, which i dont like to do.

No, it makes the world able to find bugs easier. People test it, people unintentionally (or intentionally) find a bug, report it and boom, you have a bug find! It is more organised, the only thing i wouldn't use gcode for is if im compiling, which i dont like to do.

Hmm thanks, I see the advantages of using such system :)

But what is compiling ? and why not using on google code?

.. we are going a bit off-topic, just answer me, and lets finish this subject x)

Okay just to let u guys know, I made alot this last few days.

Major Bug Fixes:

-- Timer on start dont get bugged, even if there are already people on server, and admin restart resource.

-- Spawn gui dont get bugged, it always go off, even if u are there, and admin restart resource.

-- Mine system, got alot improved, now just trigger explosion for emigrants and if they are in cars.

Added:

-- Fire system done.

-- Random choose team if you dont choose any team till 0 seconds of timer.

Edited by Guest
But what is compiling ? and why not using on google code?

.. we are going a bit off-topic, just answer me, and lets finish this subject x)

Yes, we are going offtopic.

COMPILING - It is "encoding" a script so a person cannot see the contents unless they decompile. A skilled and non-lazy person would only decompile. It's a prevention method of piracy. When compiling it is useless to use gcode cos it defeats the purpose, to show and collaborate upon source code.

Subject finished. PM me for more questions.

Hmm I get it, thanks for explaining me qaisjp ;)

By the way guys, dont know if u are following/waiting this alot or not.. but I might say that today was a good day for the development of this. I fixed alot of bugs that couldnt fix before, and while I progress I get experience, things get easier, and I start to fix things that were very silly and bad scripted.

So here it is today work, 13-07-2011

Major Bug Fixes:

-- Fixed a bug, now when u headshot someone it really kills him, and activate the event associated to it.

-- Improved the blips system:

> players of same team see all the team member's blip wherever they are.

> players of same team only see blips of enemy team members if they are 100 meters of them.

Minor Bug Fixes:

-- Fixed a little problem on autobalance

-- Fixed bug with setTeam when autobalance start.

-- Fixed bug with blips visibility

Added:

-- Death System Sync with both grid and gui.

-- GUIs for Money, made 2, one for each team.

I wanna thank jacob, castillo that are always helping me!

It has been enormously helpful till today!

Wanna finish this as fast as possible, I have another gamemode on mind :b

GUIs for Money? two for each team? Why would you need TWO GUI's for each team? You could make a function that changes the label text for the corresponding team.

This is great!

I have to guis, one for team A and another for team B, but could make with two different labels.. hm right, need to change it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I came here for a information update about the development.

I have been away from my house somedays, arrived this week, found out many bugs on teams and on teleports but could fixed it already with wojak help and SDK.

And I have make a good thing for mappers, I guess.

Made last days:

Now there are definitions for borderpatrol gamemode, with custom elements :D

Such as: Teleports, Mines, Spawnpoints for both teams, Drug Business, Prison, and the Emigrant's Safe House.

To be done:

I must say that there is much to do be done yet, starting from:

- Spectate Mode

- Improve Money System

- Chief System (each team will have a chief (random on start), the only that can buy upgrades for team and weapons for all)

- Safe house system.

- Rescue Mission of Prison (emigrants go to prison rescue emigrants that were jailed)

So maybe the devolpment are at 60%

I wanna to finish this before August start :)

I go to Morocco, africanism ;D

Peace guys.

Thanks all.

Wait. my name in the list :P No problem I can always help you and This resource looks awesome but What did i do? :lol: (Really. I don't remember)

Thanks for your feedback :)

Yes actually you already give me your time to explain me somethings here on the forum, many topics on scripting bro :)

I never forget those guys .

The gamemode is going good, alot of new things done last days :)

Done Last Days:

1º Made all custom elements for mappers support

2º Goals depending on amount of players

3º Emigrants Safehouse, its very btw, colshape square used.

Accurate Info:

1º Custom elements for passages, radar, spawnpoints, mines, emigrant's safehouse, dealers, prison .

2º First Objective: amount of weed to be sold is equal to 70% of players on emigrants.

Second Objective: hold the safehouse for 5 minutes with 80% of players on emigrants otherwise they dont win)

3º Made the safehouse piece by piece, with wooden pieces, with nice beacons too defend from police (wood pieces can be destroyed but after that its reconstructed auto in 5 seconds)

It was a good day , like ice would say ;D

Cya mates, almost on finish line^^

By the way I will need an intensive test later with many players if someone have good server to host was nice, thanks.