Is it possible?

Gobe

Question

It's just my dream but I wanted to know if it could be possible somedays:

Is it possible that rockstar gives MTA SA Dev team their FULL source codes then it could be reworked as the greatest development platform, I don't know if you know what I mean, I mean that there wouldn't be any distance between the MTA client and the game itself, it means that we'd be able to modify things of the game, the number of objects ID, animations, custom players models (then maybe we could have many "CJ's" which means many "customisable peds"), increased player limits, add weapons and cars ids (it has been done actually, it's possible with SA Limit Adjuster by Alexander Blade or some like that), it would be the best developping platform ever for any kind or type of free game, and as GTA SA is a pretty old game right now, and well I wondered if it's possible that Rockstar Games would let people rework totally their genius' game by making it a free and total open source platform in close collaboration with MTA SA dev team which already have some source codes. Here it is, just wanted to tell you about my dreams hehe, MTA is already a great platform at all.

2 answers to this question

that would be awesome. really MTA is not far from being its own game and i think it could really benefit from the flexibility of it (not that I know anything about coding, but I imagine so). Maybe the MTA team can do it already but its avoided because including original GTA would increase the download to 4.5gb :| either way i would download it lol

Yeah, that would really be a BIG benefit for flexebility, well I doesn't have to be 4.5gb, imagine if the scripters can just start with a empty map, and then download ressources to add cars, skins etc, the modified "game" wouldn't be that big, don't you think? ;) I mean, as it would be just a platform (at the beginning) for developping gamemodes, it doesn't need the original SA map, but ofcourse, you could download a ressource to have it, same for cars, weapons, if you want the ones from the original game :P . I think we can get the best out GTA SA, to me it's the best platform to build an online dev platform for any kind of gamemode: Stunt, Roleplay, Deathmatch... Everyone would be really happy to have such a platform but well, it's just a suggestion, I don't know if MTA devs are still fully into MTA SA development, I really hope so, and I think it could really make people pay more attention to our prefered SA Online mod!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the MTA team can do that, let's just hope they aren't planning to develop a mod on GTA IV, this would be such a waste of time to me, this would take years till Rockstar gives their source code, and I don't think they'd ever give them anything because of the new platform they got. Let's just finish things that been started on GTA SA, and as I said before, it's certainly the best base for building this kind of online gamemode dev platform.