Rotate ped to make him look at XYZ point

Ride1234

Good day, scripters :)

First, i know about setPedRotation and about wiki.multitheftauto.com too.

I want to rotate my ped to some point and make him look straight at it, but dont know how to calculate the angle of rotation. Can anyone help me?

P.S. I want to make a universal function that calculates rotation for any coordinates, so calculate rotation manually isn't a variant.

• 6 years later...
  • Other Languages Moderators
5 minutes ago, NeXuS™ said:

@Lord Henry, dont bump old posts, create a new one...

What's the problem with this? It's exactly the same content from the post.
I think is not necessary to create another post with the same content.

You arent having the same problem as @Ride1234 was having. It's a 2011 post, and this question got answered. You may bump an old post, if it was created by you, or you are having the same issue. But because this issue is already closed, you may create a new one, as YOUR support post, and maybe we could answer your question aswell, without having to read back into the 2011 comments, and functions.

3 minutes ago, NeXuS™ said:

You arent having the same problem as @Ride1234 was having. It's a 2011 post, and this question got answered. You may bump an old post, if it was created by you, or you are having the same issue. But because this issue is already closed, you may create a new one, as YOUR support post, and maybe we could answer your question aswell, without having to read back into the 2011 comments, and functions.

The post only answer about the Z axis, but I need to do it with the X axis...its the same content but not exactly the same problem.

Just now, NeXuS™ said:

[...]And btw, yeah, you can use MY signature, which I created for MYSELF, not for other's. Thanks for asking for it mate.

Sorry by that...U want me to remove it?
By the way, I will create another post with this problem with X axis.