MTA:SA SA-MP editor ?

Hi, everyone.

I am player of MTA: SA for a while now, I am Brazilian, and as we all know, the SA-MP played in Brazil is more than the MTA: SA, so I always see threads on forums SA-MP (I'm a player SA-MP as well) that speak of the MTA: SA map editor as the SA-MP, not giving due weight to all that the MTA.

I was wondering if it is possible the team MTA somehow block it.

True. SA-MP players rarely write MTA Team as the map editor's creator, because the word MTA, MTA SA, or MTA SA website (http://www.mtasa.com, forum.multitheftauto.com, community.multitheftauto.com maybe) are censored. This is one of the characteristics that SA-MP don't respect MTA SA.

Though some mappers may want to respect the creators by crediting MTA team, sometimes some mappers are forced to not tell that MTA SA made the map editor. That's in my opinion. Most of the players except the mappers will think that it is made purely in SA-MP and asks where to get it. It's a bit complicated to answer this as most of the things about MTA SA is censored.

Note that a few of the players in both MTA SA and SA-MP wants these two mods to be merged. I would really really respect that if this can happen. I don't want to see rivalry.

I hate to say this, but perhaps it might be wise to bring in measures to encourage playing on servers for users who only hit the map editor. Something along the lines of Pop-ups or "Did you know?" boxes to users who seem to only use the editor.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I don't see why the SAMP players should be allowed to use MTA's Map Editor without giving MTA's superior multiplayer the credit it deserves. Misrepresenting the editor as a SAMP program is just wrong. Pop-ups for users only utilising the editor sounds fair.

I hate to say this, but perhaps it might be wise to bring in measures to encourage playing on servers for users who only hit the map editor. Something along the lines of Pop-ups or "Did you know?" boxes to users who seem to only use the editor.

It would be a bit crumy for us, but for them it will tell them what it is, which is why i like the idea :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SA:MP are real thiefs, one day they are gonna take our precious Lua coding feature and our source code and ask someone to :O it into a SA:MP

Edit, June 2020: I don't agree with these comments. Sorry!

Edited by qaisjp
Add apology

A few days ago I was reading a topic about best map editor in SA-MP forums. Many suggested MTA map editor. Someone posted a link to MTA site and someone else said "please don't post links to MTA site" :D It's funny. How are SA-MP mappers going to download MTA with its map editor if they don't know what is the website? :D What's even funnier, those posts are removed from the topic now xD