Does anyone have the tutorial on how to edit objects ?

velcan1

Question

5 answers to this question

There are plenty over at GTA Forums. An existing background in 3D Modelling will be advantageous in learning how to edit GTA SA's models, it can seem a bit complicated at first.

you do not understand

I want a video tutorial like this to change the skin

look:

most want a video tutorial for objects

Att

Velcan

You're right, I don't understand. Originally you said objects, now you're talking about ped skins? When you say 'edit', are you talking about editing the actual geometry of the object (ped?), or simply replacing the texture? Replacing the TXD is basically the same for objects as peds, just like in that video (though you have a little bit more flexibility with objects). Replacing an object's DFF (geometry) is more complicated, and there is currently no support to change the DFF of a ped.

Could you be a little more specific on exactly what you are trying to do, then either myself or others will be better able to help you.

You're right, I don't understand. Originally you said objects, now you're talking about ped skins? When you say 'edit', are you talking about editing the actual geometry of the object (ped?), or simply replacing the texture? Replacing the TXD is basically the same for objects as peds, just like in that video (though you have a little bit more flexibility with objects). Replacing an object's DFF (geometry) is more complicated, and there is currently no support to change the DFF of a ped.

Could you be a little more specific on exactly what you are trying to do, then either myself or others will be better able to help you.

Yes

I simply want to replace the texture of the object.

has a video tutorial of how to change the objects txd

txd replace moldel

Att

Velcan

The process for replacing an object's textures is the same as for replacing a ped's texture, except that peds only have one texture while objects can have many. But that video tutorial that you've already found should demonstrate everything you need to know.

I would recommend getting MEd so that you can easily find the corresponding texture file (*.txd) for the object you want to change, IMGTool to extract the TXD file from gta3.img (although MEd can do this by itself) and TXDWorkshop to export/import texture images from/to your extracted TXD file.

Bear in mind that replacing the TXD only replaces the model textures, it does not change where those textures appear on the model. That can only be changed by editing the DFF, which as I said earlier, is a more complicated process than just replacing textures.