Windows 2000

McGregor

Windows 2000 = version 5.0

Windows XP = version 5.1

XP is more of a marketing gimmic than anything. Some software is now forcing you to use XP and ONLY XP otherwise it will not install. Windows 2000 is faster than XP. Don't believe me? Look it up. XP is like ME. Terrible.

Get 2000 with service pack 4 and save some money.

Win 2k is the only decent thing Microsoft has made :lol:

Linux forever altho im on win2k at the moment :?

But i had no probs running mta on it or anything else for that matter, as for software being released on XP only, Its not worth bothering with, Sod XP and any developers creating XP Only software

Speed of ur PC doesnt make XP any better...... its whack get ur win2k :)

xp is way better and longhorn will be better than xp and after longhorn there will be Blackcomb which is better than longhorn

question: on what info do you base your assertion that Blackcomb will be better than longhorn? :P

oh ya, and same question, blackcomb changed to longhorn, and longhorn changed to XP :)

Linux, people! Linux!

Linux ppl... Linux... don't waste time comparing winsh*t! :P

Gentoo = :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I remember, when I was installing Windows XP, I recall a message on the install screen that made me fall out of my chair laughing. It went something like this:

Now whenever a program freezes, you don't have to restart the computer!

EDIT: Oh yes. For you Windows slaves:

http://www.knoppix.net/

Behold, Linux on a CD (Live CD). You can use this to experiment with linux yourself! Once you get the hang of the shell, get out of kde and use fluxbox!!!!!!

My win XP Pro runs flawlessly. I don't know what the problem is with everyone else, but for me it runs better than 2K did when I had that. all I can say is that if you are building a new comp you should go w/ XP Pro or 2K Pro. They are both equally alike in pros and cons. Win98/NT is old. ME is worse. Linux is a whole nother deal that I wouldn't waste my time with unless I was a game developer or post production editor. Is Linux based off of the old Unix shell? :?

Or you can get a combo called Lindows, I laughed my ass off when I saw this one. Lets just say that it is a feature that is offered in WalMart computers. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I just saw their site! I hope there's someone who can sue them for using Linux, and not making it free. For that matter, I hope there's someone who can sue them for making a shitty OS :)

Yes, Linux is based off of UNIX... There are a bunch of others based off of it too...

btw: Linux isn't just a command-line thing. :)

And of course, who can resist an OS whose mascot is a penguin named Tux? :)

icon-penguin.png

tux.gif