MTA Starting Local Server Freeze?

ToPhrESH

Question

Hello. I use to use the MTA: Editor almost every day for when I was bored, and for Maps for other people that wanted me to script for their server. So I tried playing an MTA server and the MTA directed me to download the latest MTA version to play on the server, 1.0.5 I believe (since I had an older version). So I downloaded the new version and after playing at the server I felt like mapping a base for fun..

Problem:

I click Map Editor, and the screen that pops up says, "Starting Local Server...". Well, when it says that it just sits there. My computer isn't frozen because I can move my mouse around, and when i ALT out of it and open Task Manager it says it is running.

I have tried leaving the computer on for 30 mins and the "Starting Local Server..." still just sits there. Sometimes I have to close out MTA by Task Manager 7 - 8 times before the map editor starts to work. But use to before the download the editor would open in 2 - 3 seconds after displaying the local server message.

I have already tried re-installing MTA 5 times already and just decided to give up.. Any help? please :(

2 answers to this question

Here you go:

===========================================================

= Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas v1.0.5

===========================================================

= Server name : Map Editor Server

= Server IP address:

= Server port : 22010

=

= Log file : ..rver/mods/deathmatch/logs/editor_server.log

= Maximum players : 1

= MTU packet size : 1500