MTA Programming Language

DarkLink

Question

Hello everybody, I'm a big fan of your mod to gta for so long, more or less since 2007/08.

At the time I was 15 and knew very little of programming, however I made my own server using scripts from other experienced players, such as 50p.

He helped me a lot on my server! Thank fifty ;) (dont know if u still around here)

Today, I'm in college and have learned to program Java.

My final question is: is it very difficult to join lua? Java for LUA .. different? similar?

Is it easy? like java? or not?

I would also like to know where to start.

Thanks alot guys ;)

Please reply me .

PS: Sorry about my bad english, i am portuguese :)

14 answers to this question

As a server developer/scripter, you only need to have an understanding of the lua scripting language.

However, if you are interested in committing patches to MTA itself, you have to know C++.

And I believe Java is similar to C#.

guys how can I control the amount of markers ? I mean i have my gamemode, and when people go on map editor and load settings of that gamemode, there must be a setting that dont allow more than two markers.

is that on meta.xml doing , its a Lua script?

thanks.

EDIT: For example when we do a map for CTF, we load config on map editor of CTF and then?

how we put flags? manual? like random object, get x,y,z and then put on script?

There aren't automatic script for CTF, that when u are doing map, it only gives u 2 flags two put?

TY

You can implement server-side resources using Java if you do a wrapper module for MTA (I did this to support server-side resources written in PHP, and arc_ did it for Pawn). But you will need to use Lua for client-side resources, as you don't have support for client-side modules.