screenshots on homepage....

bsr

I think you're bullshitting. No one has ever had a 15ms ping on MTA ever, unless they were the host.

The fact is, is that BF1942 was made by pro developers that perfected the netcode through the many patches that have been released for BF1942. I get really low pings In BF1942 as well, around 30ms-50ms. In MTA I get 140ms-200ms

MTA however is still on the 0.1 release so you can imagine that everything ain't gonna be peaches. The netcode is the reason for high pings, not the persons connection.

yes they are different things, but try to play bf1942 with a ping of 200ms (you will freeze with connection errors), it will be unplayable ... Not to mention most servers will auto kick at around 200 ..

Instead of saying lag and ping are 2 different things, its more logical to say bandwidth and ping are 2 different things... bandwidth is capacity and latency(pings) is speed (responce) in RTT ..

i can play it with 300 ping without lag so ping and lag is realy totaly different but i mostly only enter servers under 100 ping :P

well this is funny to read that some people can be lag free with a ping of 900 ms , it is strange cause i never notice this kind of fact in most game

like counter strike, or even warcraft 3 (although war3 is fairly good for 56k user but they lag at the beginning quite often) no player can play with a ping that high there will be obviously lag with such a high ping. And ping and lag are quite linked , i dont think u can play smooth if u need 200 ms to send a ping request ,so in a game it will be even worse.

Anyway i dont think we should ban the 56 k user that is for sure, the best thing would be to have low bandwidth netcode which is damn hard to make :) And also play on server located in or near ur country will help greatly to have a better connection

well this is funny to read that some people can be lag free with a ping of 900 ms , it is strange cause i never notice this kind of fact in most game

like counter strike, or even warcraft 3 (although war3 is fairly good for 56k user but they lag at the beginning quite often) no player can play with a ping that high there will be obviously lag with such a high ping. And ping and lag are quite linked , i dont think u can play smooth if u need 200 ms to send a ping request ,so in a game it will be even worse.

Anyway i dont think we should ban the 56 k user that is for sure, the best thing would be to have low bandwidth netcode which is damn hard to make :) And also play on server located in or near ur country will help greatly to have a better connection

Well, actually, don't necessarily connect ping and lag since a game can be quite lagfree on a 900 ms ping every move will be delayed for about sec before you see it! :D

Ok, let me.. as developer of MTA.. make it a bit more clear:

Ping and lag don't have much too do with each other in MTA. If you got a larger ping, it doesn't always give you a larger lag. Another thing is that the MTA ping measuring system isn't always accurate..

Well, actually, don't necessarily connect ping and lag since a game can be quite lagfree on a 900 ms ping every move will be delayed for about sec before you see it! :D

Since lag definition is: a time delay between 2 events, 2 states or 2 actions

I dont see how u can be lag free with 900 ms you'll always have a 0.9 sec delay between ur keystroke and the effect in the game, it looks very similar to the definition above dont u think ?

But I understand what is your point u tried to say that u were "lag variation" free with 900 ms which is possible.

i agree with SM xenex and NoReason and 56k users may have fun too!

Fun on 56K!? yeah right! :roll: Slow connections mostly do not lag the server, but it isn't fun for other guys who have fast connections and see your opponent warping (or when you play stratagy games and have to wait till the lagger stops lagging). Mostly a high ping and lag is the worst problem for the one who has it. When I play online my ping is:

Holland = 30ms

Western Europe= 50 to 100ms

Eastern Europe= 70 to 150ms

America= 150 to 250ms (Eastcoast is better)

China/Japan= 250 to 350ms

Russia=350 to 1500ms (as I never play game on russian servers but when I download from it 5kb/s is very nice)

I have aDSL in holland (XS4ALL)

Lag and ping usually effect eachother. On my connection Ping > 400 = LAG for sure. And another thing, when you use 56k your ping is NEVER under 300.