Just a thought

considering the development of mta for gta 3, and how vice city got released during progress, i believe the same prob will happen with the next game. at current rate, by next year we probably will be close to having a complete mta:vc about 0.9 when the next gta game gets released in october. just a little idea i had. hopefully progress will piuck up though and we get a complete mta within about 6 months :D

If I were the moderator of this board, I would kill this thread. It's a really foolish post.

Fishmaster:

How can you sit there on your ass and tell these VERY talented and GENEROUS programmers (working on a game, mind you, that they had NO part in originally creating and have no source code for) and advise them to pick up the pace? You bastard! You should get on your hands and fuckin knees and thank them for taking the damn time of day to pull out even ONE line of code for your inconsiderate ass. This is something they are not getting paid for and something that YOU (most importantly) are not PAYING for. So enjoy your 0.1 release and cherish it, you greedy bastard. And when (if) San Andreas comes out before MTA:VC is "done" (and what is "done" anyway?) then you should come back to this board and BEG them to start working on MTA:SA...because you, in your wildest dreams, could never come close to even THINKING about doing anything so great. Have a nice day and be more considerate PLEASE.

-Agra

Sorry for the flame, but I have a low tolerance for people like this. :evil::evil::evil:

If I were the moderator of this board, I would kill this thread. It's a really foolish post.

Fishmaster:

How can you sit there on your ass and tell these VERY talented and GENEROUS programmers (working on a game, mind you, that they had NO part in originally creating and have no source code for) and advise them to pick up the pace? You bastard! You should get on your hands and fuckin knees and thank them for taking the damn time of day to pull out even ONE line of code for your inconsiderate ass. This is something they are not getting paid for and something that YOU (most importantly) are not PAYING for. So enjoy your 0.1 release and cherish it, you greedy bastard. And when (if) San Andreas comes out before MTA:VC is "done" (and what is "done" anyway?) then you should come back to this board and BEG them to start working on MTA:SA...because you, in your wildest dreams, could never come close to even THINKING about doing anything so great. Have a nice day and be more considerate PLEASE.

-Agra

Sorry for the flame, but I have a low tolerance for people like this. :evil::evil::evil:

lol

calm down mate, it was just something i found funny bout the original gta 3. i have complete trust in these guys and love em to death for doin it, they are holdin the lan i go to in suspense for our next tournament. im not doubting em or telling em to hurry up. its just something funny. well i thought it was

what about gtat? They will probably release a nice mod as well but ...well i don't know anybody knows the difference between mta and gtat other than a completely different team?? I know they have some nice features coming in on 0.5.... but well i don't know what to say some one just reply thanks

One question I have is: Is there any possibility of an MTA-GTAT collaboration? Yes, most of what is known about GTA multiplayer is being covered by both teams, but it might be interesting to see what would happen if the teams were to come together. But I'm sure there is a reason why it hasn't happened thus far, so there's probably no point in me bringing this up...whatever, I'm just babbling.

-Agra

MTA and GtaT are alot different

o GtaT is made in Delphi

x MTA is made in C++

o GtaT is small :P

x MTA is large :P

think for yourself :P

edit: no, gtat doesn't want to co-operate and we don't want to co-operate with gtat cause we don't see the advantage of co-operating with gtat

ok thanks for the post ijsvogel. YOu know I had that in mind but I didn't ask it, about the 2 teams coming together. Mta isn't that large is it? I heard someone saying it is going to be about 20kb. The features are a lot different though but anyways I am sticking with MTA because I think it is a lot stabler. I tried gtat once and I couldn't get any servers in my list because I had to forward them and I need vice city 1.1 and it's just too much work. Keep it up mta I am on your side :D

I suppose it would be a setback for you guys if anything :) Although, I don't doubt that the GTAT team dreams of having you guys on their team...he he he.

moron... DracoBlue codes alone (almost) and he has himself said many times that he wants to keep it this way! DracoBlue has also made a post were he declined all hostility between MTA and gtaT and in connection both teams said that they respect each other but competition does everyone much good!