My sound will not work for the entire GTA: VC game..

Guest Vicious

Yeh um... when I installed Vice City, I played MTA first without playing the normal game. I thought this was just a bug in MTA, but everyone else said their sound worked. I went to the main game in Vice City (non MTA) and the stupid sounds wouldn't work in it either.

By sound I mean any sound that you make by moving or shooting (no car engine, no squealing of tires, no footsteps, no door opening of car, no gun sounds). But the funny thing is that the radio works fine and the background noise like wind and stuff works perfect.

Anyone know what's wrong??

noooo!...

It looks as though you're having a problem with GTA:VC, not MTA... Check out the sound options for VC, there may be something in there... It seems as though the sound effects are just cranked down.

Same thing happened to me. I uninstalled GTA, deleted all the left over files, reinstalled my soundcard drivers, restarted, reinstalled GTA, reinstalled MTA, and it worked. Definitely a bit overkill, but this is the only thing that did the trick for me. I think this problem has come up with a lot of people using Audigy cards, or the VIA onboard sound that comes on a bunch of Asus boards.