[REL]GTAIV-style hud 1.3 RELEASED

karlis

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it says V2, is there a beta/alpha release of your resource? I would like to see the source :3 (I'm not gonna copy anything)

Just as a friendly bit of advice to you Karlis, I would be very careful about releasing your code to certain individuals who claim they will not copy or steal it. Certain individuals will only respect intellectual property when it is convenient for them to do so. Good luck with your resource, it looks fantastic, but please be wary of who you give your source code to. I would hate to see the theft and intellectual property exploitation I've seen in the past happen to you too.

yep ill be careful, but as download is here, anyone can compare, is it theft or not, so the safety is same as i would just release it to community.

only reason i didn't upload it yet to community, is just cuz i don't want get 1/5 rating just of some bug i didn't fix yet.

heres the current code: http://www.4shared.com/file/Tm3lmMjA/IVhud.html

DISCLAIMER:the code is not complete, so be aware that something may not be finished or optimized, as it should be.

Radar is awesome! Really good job)

i measured following data:

drown time on foot:12sec

drown time in car:18sec

regenerate time:10sec

could someone re-test it and disapprove/approve it?

These data are correct, but they are not stable because If a player moves, he spends more oxygen:

Moving player lose oxygen for 12 sec, but not moving for ~ 20 sec.

another progress update!

made a gtaIV like radio hud

(thanks to Aibo again for the icons)

sonunoka.jpg

i know, the radio text under it sucks, but from 1.1 onwards it'll get removed.

features:

fading out after some time

sides are faded more then center

animated movement back/forwards

triggered to show only when radio changes or vehicle is entered

EDIT:lol sorry for crappy pic cut, MS paint sux so much, and found this out too late, now lazy to change it.

Amazing! I already had a plan to make radio stations like that for my simple alternative HUD, but I never find any way possible (since I'm still newbie in scripting).

Oh well, you pwned every HUD creators. I should find a great design too. :D

thanks for the support everyone!

lately i have much other stuff to do and can't script that much, so don't expect release very soon(sorry for that).

what i still have to do before i plan first release is to make weapon icons, money, wanted stars, ammo, time, and few other stuff(don't expect settings gui and radar areas to be in 1st release).

probably i'm going to wait until 1.1, so i can disable original radio and wanted star hud, and finally add blip streaming.

I got an idea!

For the radio, add one radio named "Live Radio Stream".

In that radio stream, there should be a GUI telling the stream link that you want. You can copy a radio stream link from the internet, to hear it live on MTA SA!

You know what I mean, live radio stream.