Do not to load custom vehicles

First off, I don't know whether someone has already requested this or not. If it is requested already please ignore this.

My suggestion is to have an option "Do not to load custom vehicles"

I've modded most of my cars and I hate when some servers download custom vehicles and replace it. Of course they look better than the original vehicles, but I want to play with my modded cars. So an option to not download custom vehicles will be really useful.

It would be great if we can bind this to a hotkey, so that pressing the hotkey toggles between the custom and client vehicle. If the player doesn't want to play with the custom vehicle, he can disable it. But if the option "Do not load custom vehicles" is ticked, then MTA shouldn't download the custom vehicles. And the hotkey will have no effect. This will save bandwidth as well.

If they wanted to save bandwidth they wouldn't have them on their server in the first place.

Server owners should provide an option to allow you not to load car mods and not something MTA themselves really need to do. You did put forward a good arguement however and you never know, somebody might do it, but I see limited demand for the feature so wouldn't count on it.

What I mean by modded vehicles is, the model and texture of the vehicle only. For an example, I'm using the Bugatti mod to replace the Bullet. Only the model, not the handling and specs etc. Besides you can't use modified data files with MTA anyway :)

I am looking for a thing like this too, I dont like the servers who are replacing my custom infernus.

Anyway, I think there can be made a script which could allow you to press a button to change between your infernus and between the server's infernus (if the server has one) .

If they wanted to save bandwidth they wouldn't have them on their server in the first place.

Saving bandwidth for the players i mean. Some people use limited internet connection, and they don't want to waste their bandwidth downloading these custom vehicles. I know a server which has custom vehicles for every map, which is around 2mb in size!

.dff affects handling too

for example, compare 3 hotrings, all same handling file, different steering totally(hotring-oversteer,hotring a-understeer,hotringb-lil oversteer)

It doesn't affects to handlings.

The thing is, the original Hotring A setup is not made for the Dodge Viper that saw in GTA Inside... that's the reason why some cars include handling lines.

The dodge Viper looks different if I replace it on a hotrina, and will look different if I replace it on an infernus...

Another important thing is, the distance between wheels, obviously, will affect to the vehicle.

We experimented with that concept about a year ago (or more?), to allow vehicle mods to be swapped in and out in real time, rather than players having to close MTA to swap or install new mods. The mighty Kayl was the creator of that, I'm not sure what happened to the resource though. I think it was shelved as we had other projects in the pipeline - it was quite promising though, and worked well. So it's certainly possible, it's been done before ;)

No! because we're talking just about Freeroams server.

Well, I'm making a RPG server... kind Fast n' furious or NFS (for 1.1 version) with custom vehicle handlings, if someone unloads the cars, the game will freeze, will exit or the player will see uncoloured window.

And I'm owner of the Real Cars server, and I don't want to players to use their modifications... it depends of the server owner, ask him if you want a /unloadcar command, and if you don't want the car mods of the server, simple solution, browse another server, there are +700 servers for play.

DeagleTM, if you are talking about the basic LUA script, then, yes, it's easy indeed.

TXD = {} 
DFF = {} 

function load() 
    TXD[1] = engineLoadTXD ( "myCar.txd" ) 
    engineImportTXD ( TXD[1], myID ) 
    DFF[1] = engineLoadDFF ( "myCar.dff", myID ) 
    engineReplaceModel ( DFF[1], myID ) 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart",getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()),load) 

function unLoad(command,id) 
destroyElement(TXD[id]) 
destroyElement(DFF[id]) 
outputChatBox("Vehicle unloaded!",255,0,0) 
end 
addCommandHandler("unload",unLoad) 

I think that should do the job.

Edited by Guest

So, how will it load the car? well it's just an example but I like correct examples :D

Back on topic & as I said, the custom vehicle depends of the server... (talking to the owner of this topic) you're asking commands like disable all maps with a command... that's not possible, and we gave you an example of unloading DFF and TXD... give it to the server owner, and if the owner is a good owner, he will put the code and will make it work.

Thanks for the script. But, adding the option to MTA would be the best choice IMO, because we are telling the server not to download the mods. If we depend on the server via script, then regardless whether we want the mod applied or not it's going to download the mod anyway, which wastes bandwidth(if we don't want the mod). Unless, the server script lets the player decide whether he wants the mod to be downloaded or not(via simple popup message), then it's fine.

If MTA has the option, it should only be applicable to servers that replace the model and textures of the vehicle only(DD/DM). If the server has handling and other data assicoated with the mod, then MTA should allow downloading the complete mod and replace it by confirming via a popup message.