Majera District Raceway (GTA3)

Cerbera

Cerbera - design and co-ordination.

Majestik - track and landscape modeling.

Viperman - building modeling.

Illspirit - building modeling.

Ghost_Master2000 - mission programming.

opius - object mechanic.

Wallpaper

The wallpaper is in several sizes, all are GIF format. Quite a basic, mechanical style which is what I prefer personally.

800x600 version is shown below:

majera(800x600).GIF

800x600 | 1200x900 | 1600x1200

Custom Music

The music could be supplied from my mate Martin. The style will be guitar-based techno, similar style to the Cubanate tracks from Gran Turismo 1.

April 2003: Plans Got In-Game

newplan.jpg

This is the plan of the mod at the moment. Majestik has already modeled this and gotten it in-game as a flat track to drive round, as you can see from this 1500x1500 image.

The GTAForums Topic (which is the one I'll update) is located here, as I'm unlikely to update this thread very often.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...

Hoorah! Viperman has continuied making the intersection. He's just done a totaly sublime job of it now after using the very rough side elevation I sent. The new barriers he figured out without designs and has placed them perfectly:

promo_twosides.JPG

I've decided that to save work and time we'll use a pair of these, one at each end of the motorway, instead of two seperate styles. He's done a better job than Majestic did with the other style anyway! :P

Once we have these bridges and the pit lane in-game, we will convert it to Vice and add support for MTA: VC.

Here's our basic schedule:

What we have needs to be textured and gotten in-game by some saint of a volunteer. The code needs to be refined by GM, then we can release the first beta for GTA3!

After that we'll transfer it to Vice. Then, hopefully, get a really basic main.scm together with a spawn point and a wide range of cars and NO guns, then we'll release that as the Vice version.

During this time I'll be learning very, very basic 3D modeling skills and will alter the road (polygon by polygon if need be) so that it has hills and camber and bumps and so on. That will be the second release for GTA3 and Vice.

this looks amazing :) roads with real camber? gta just has flat roads i would of thought..isn't tha gonna be really hard?

this is a mod i'd love to try out :)

what if someone took photos of road or something to get the textures? like go on a motoway bridge and take a photo of the road beneath and see if it could be used somehow?

probably not an practical idea, but it could make it look awesome?

this looks amazing :) roads with real camber? gta just has flat roads i would of thought..isn't tha gonna be really hard?

this is a mod i'd love to try out :)

what if someone took photos of road or something to get the textures? like go on a motoway bridge and take a photo of the road beneath and see if it could be used somehow?

probably not an practical idea, but it could make it look awesome?

LOL! That's precisely what I have done to get road textures! :D

We are just getting the models textured using standard GTA3 textures, then we will get them into the game and will release a "0.1b" version.

After that, we will convert the map objects and code to Vice and release a "0.1b" version for Vice.

Once that Vice release is done, I will move the road route polygons one by one, by hand, to make it go through hills, with crests and cambers and bumps. The West section runs around a mountain, hence the hairpins and constant wiggling. The junction to the south section runs through a village, then the section heading west runs across smooth, rolling meadows to a gorge, which it heads West down to a bridge crossing then east out the other side.

Then runs onto a main road back to the motorway, which runs across the top of the map. The overall size is about 2km square.

• 2 weeks later...

Opuis continues to work on getting it in-game. I havn't worked out just how long the track is...it's about 2 km across the "~" motorway section. Gotta be another 3 down to the junction at the village. Probably another 1 to get to the gorge and 1 more to get back to the motorway. So I estimate it as being 7 kilometers long! That's a lot of stuff for Opius to be optimising the COL for!

Additionally, there's the curved pit garages and wall which would be a complete nightmare to texture I imagine. That's gotta be more than a kilometre long and have over 50 garage stalls. Then the fiddly intersections...really is a whole mountain of shit he's gotta sort out! :lol:

does you mod will have an website, where we can see pics and progress ?, i am modeler, and iam really curious to know how to put 3d models (by3dsmax) on vice :c)

i have lot of work on my mod under ut2k3, but i love vice, so if you need one day some help on a road or some models, you can contact me by our website : http://www.zombiehunter.net

Iam Dks on the team :c) cya

GTAForums.com is where I am a moderator and where our Work In Progress thread is. Register yourself there and have a poke around the "Editing Discussion > Maps" and the "Modification Showroom > Maps" areas if you want to get into modifying Vice stuff.

If you can learn the mechanical aspect to getting models into the game then I'd be very interested in getting you onto the team! Easiest way to contact me is via Windows Messager: [email protected]

Sorry, but my French isn't very good. I went to the forum and got your messanger address, hope I've added the right person! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...