i can't find much discussion on cheat protection in the current forum. will there be any, or will it be an honour system? i mean, trainers so far have been known to work, as well as the codes.

maybe putting a message like "cheating will crash your game" would deter newbies from cheating.

What do you think this is??? Americas Army???? Honor system in GTA 3????

I think I just shat myself

ya, that'd be kind of ironic :wink:

(how would it work? Running over people, and blowing up cars would increase your honor rating? :D )

Some cheats such as weapon cheats will not be very hard to check for within the mission code itself, and actions can then be taken. For example, if there are no missile launchers in the game, but some player selects one, the player could be respawned or even kicked. The same would work for cars/tanks/dodo's. But I would guess that some programs would simply overrule the mission code, so some kind of anti-mod would probably do the job better. Things like unlimited health can really destroy a good game, so for now, its probably best to have some kind of manual system to kick the cheaters when caught. Maybe have a voting system for that.

I only started looking into the GTA codes when I read about this mod, but I can see in the table file of the game that some routines can be rewritten to disallow any outside mods. A person running something different will get an incompatible version alert and denied access to joining the game in progress. I hate cheaters!!!!!!! :evil:

I only started looking into the GTA codes when I read about this mod, but I can see in the table file of the game that some routines can be rewritten to disallow any outside mods. A person running something different will get an incompatible version alert and denied access to joining the game in progress. I hate cheaters!!!!!!! :evil:

Your rite its 1 thing i hate is cheaters!! :x

Yain Yakuza we wil pay you wel 8)