Synced game time for users.

Gungneer

As far as I've been led to believe, MTA 1.05 doesn't have syncronized in game time for all users, it's based on when the server was started and the users client, etc..?

I have also been led to believe this is going to chance in MTA 1.1, however, I was wondering if it would be possible using a timer?

For example, in the server file, have a timer set to say every 10 seconds or so which triggers a client event setting the clients clock to the time of the server?

Thanks for any help.

It could work, however I never tried it. Try making something like that and get a friend on your server. See if you both have the same time.

Oh and maybe you could just set the clock when the player joins, cause the time should run on it's own from there.

From what I've heard, game time progresses based on how much you're lagging and shit, so say that means if I was lagging and he wasn't, he would progress faster.

But what I was thinking was with the above mentioned method, it would force a client to automatically update every so often so lag will make little to no difference.

Why wouldn't the game time be synced?

And why would the time go faster if someone has lag? 1 minute, is 1 minute.

And if you really want to sync time the time might be a little of like 60ms, i.e. the ping of the player and you could compensate for that using getPlayerPing()