Hardcore LUA tutorials

Remi-X

Since I've learned almost everything about "general" coding, and LUA is still my favorite and most used language, I would like to know the utmost from LUA.

I recently found out myself what unpack() does, but I want to know much more in less time. I only know this function now since I had no other efficient way to achieve what I wanted.

I hope someone knows some great references for me, about every native LUA function with explanation, and how to get the best speed of my code. Tnx in advance :)

The SA:MP forums had a coder called Y_Less (Previously a programmer of SA:MP too) which made an amazing tutorial on improving Pawn code. Now, Lua is way more flexible so a lot of that tutorial does not count for Lua. But maybe there's something like that about Lua too?

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=57018

Also, I know the official Lua website ofcourse. But that website is a lot of times unclear for me. They sometimes use words I don't recognize. Or they use words like "chunk". First tell me what a chunk is, then use the word. Not elsewise.

I'm also a really good pawn scripter and I tell you one simple thing - there's no same preprocessor features for Lua. off-course you can write custom preprocessor if you want (:

Lua is very very simple language but has some features. which allows to create really powerful custom logic and constructions. And it's power of it. There's no same analogues in pawn.

But large part of sa-mp or mtasa scripters - it's kids, who doesn't understand even 50% of Y_Less's optimizations. And same situation we have in mtasa. Many scripters doesn't understand how to imitate classes/objects in Lua and about what optimizations in Lua we ca talk after that ((: So.. many (samp and mtasa) scripters never uses any optimizations, they just writes code that they can understand visually.

chunk = piece of code

Remi-X, we know eachother from clan... Was it called USP or somewhat? You remember that I was a noob scripter in that times. Now I am pr0 :D My current project is a multistate multi-gamemode imitating script made using OpenFrame (I am doing it fully OOP). Maybe think about things like that?

Whatever, learning "really advanced LUA" is impossible - LUA is too simple :P Go into OOP and improve your theory and practic skills - create OOP gamemodes etc. My server (Andromeda Race/DD/DM) has fully OOP script :P