Mod anyone help im facing a dilemna

I currently have the retail version of grand theft auto vice city i downloaded the patch for the game i run it and put the game to the bottom of the screen then run thre gtaT client. It says not connected and lists a series of problems that could be associated but i checked them all and attented to them. When i run the mta client i enter my port but i cant seem to figure out what my host is, and it isnt giving me the option to choose the game i have wether vice city or gta 3 of course

how do i check what my host is??

Before you start:

Run the MTA client, and tell us what it says up top.

If it says "GTA3: Multi Theft Auto", then skip everything below, and tell us that it says "GTA3: Multi Theft Auto".

If it says "MTA:VC - Multi Theft Auto - http://www.multitheftauto.com", then read what's below, and Then tell us that it says "MTA:VC - Multi Theft Auto - http://www.multitheftauto.com"

I currently have the retail version of grand theft auto vice city i downloaded the patch for the game

Which patch? The unofficial 1.1 one?

i run it and put the game to the bottom of the screen then run thre gtaT client.

um... if you're trying to play MTA, then you don't need to run the GTAt thing. If you're trying to play GTAt, then please head to their forums :)

It says not connected and lists a series of problems that could be associated but i checked them all and attented to them.

This is in the GTAt client... correct?

When i run the mta client i enter my port but i cant seem to figure out what my host is,

you aren't supposed to enter your own IP (what you're calling a host) and port... You have to enter the IP and port of a server. You can find servers using the All Seeing Eye (check the 'first time MTA user guide' that IJs linked to in his post)

and it isnt giving me the option to choose the game i have wether vice city or gta 3 of course

It doesn't yet have the option to let you choose between GTA3 and GTA:VC...

how do i check what my host is??

you don't need to know what your host (better known as IP) is.