About setCameraTarget

IloveMTA

Hello all,

It is said that I have to use timer with this to correctly place the camera at ped's back. But I use only this command with noting else, and it works fine by placing the camera back. Can someone tell why is it so? This bug fixed?

Thanks.

• Moderators
show us ur code too

It's not necessary because he wanted to know why his code works because in the wiki it says that:

By default setCameraTarget will look at the player front, but if you want it to look from the back then you have to call the setCameraTarget twice, like this:
    setCameraTarget(source) 
    setTimer(setCameraTarget, 100, 1, source) 

Q: Why it's in a timer?

A: You have to put the second call in a timer, because the server will skip the second call if you won't delay it (he thinks that it's not necessary).

I don't know why and who said that but I think it's a noob:

I use this:

setCameraTarget( source, source ) 

It set the camera target of source at source ( so his camera on him )

Citizen thank you very much but it confused me more acutally.

CowTurbe code is like:

setCameraTarget(playerSource, getPlayerFromName("Blabla"))

When I use that to spec someone, I get the result I want (Sa-mp SetCameraBehindPlayer equiv., default camera from behind) It works fine. But what about timers? And when we need to use them? I want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

Thanks again.

Thanks solidsnake14, I want to spec someone.

setCameraTarget(playerSource, getPlayerFromName("Example"))

This works fine and I can spec the target person. However:

1. MTA wiki states that, setCameraTarget function places the camera "facing" the player, not from behind. And it says you should call this one more time with a timer to place it "behind" the player.

2. When I try this to spec someone, it places directly behind player without any timer or a second call of this func.

I need clearification on this. If this function works correctly, why is a timer or a second call needed? (for placing behind)Thank you