Sign in to follow this  
zottffssen

MTA for Mac CXEx Port

I have seen many threads about MTA for the Mac and thought that I would post this.

There is a CXEx port for MTA to the Mac. For those of you who do not know what this is, it is basically a a small .app with a windows engine built in. All you do is copy and paste the windows install files into the .app and then install MTA using the Installer.app. All instructions are provided.

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7309

You will have to make an account on portingteam.com to view the post.

Finally everyone with a mac can now play MTA easily without having to switch into Windows with Bootcamp or play in a slow and buggy VM! The performance on the highest settings is just as good as a PC, however I have a high end mac, so your performance my be worse.

DISCLAIMER:

I did not make this port nor am I making any claim to have made it. I am merely reposting it so more people can benefit from it. I am not affiliated with portingteam.com in any way, other than being a member to download ports.

P.S. Intel Macs ONLY

The link you provided only works for registered users, maybe add the contents of the post you're linking to the FAQ?

@Zango, I'll ask the maker of the port if he would mind if I reposted it, the reason that I didn't post the whole thing here is because I didn't make it.

@Talidan, Yeah, what you do is either use the inbuild installer or paste the program folder into the .app

The linked post is gone.

Does anyone still have this? thanks.

This port isn't quite reliable, its prone to crash, i've made my own wrapper for mta, and it works fabulous.

Maybe it works for others, but it didnt for me.

I have MTA running under OS X using Crossover Games. Install GTA into a fresh bottle, then install MTA into the same one, then you might need to copy a couple of fonts over to the bottle's C:/windows/fonts/ folder, but other than that it works well.