WIP San Andreas Apocolypse

VashUG

Ive discovered the awesomeness of the MTA map editor, so ive started decorating San Andreas in a zombie ravaged theme :) the map will feature most of your favorite places in SA littered with trash and abandoned cars, not just usual same car placed in the same way, im a stickler for detail so i will be doing as much detail as i can and make it look like everything you expect from an apocalyptic scene.

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-22-35.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-21-58.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-19-31.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-11-24.png

I am taking suggestions at the moment as well, if there is a place you want a survivor base camp or a town you want totally ravaged by the undead post here and i will do my best to do it :)

I rarely come across this side of the forum nowadays though this map in particular looks impressive. I’m quite hooked to these apocalypse games. It looks like bringing Left 4 Dead into San Andreas. If this was to work for the zombie game mode, I’m sure this map would be a big hit.

• 2 weeks later...
I rarely come across this side of the forum nowadays though this map in particular looks impressive. I’m quite hooked to these apocalypse games. It looks like bringing Left 4 Dead into San Andreas. If this was to work for the zombie game mode, I’m sure this map would be a big hit.

Thanks :D yea i tried to use the same techniques that the L4D mappers used, basically trying to tell a story without a cinematic... letting the player interpret what happened in a particular area. so this is taking a while to customize each town and then decorate random little areas with remnants of survivors and struggle against the Undead :)

but when its all done, you should be fully immersed into a zombified SA :) Except for Las venturas... i just sealed that whole area off... its just too open and large to go to detailed so i just did a Resident evil Apocolypse style barrier around the whole city...

Some more pictures for your pleasure :)

I will probebly just leave the day night cycle on because i dont beleive in the whole, ITS ALWAYS NIGHT BE CAUSE NIGHTTIME IS SCARY thing... i want this map to be about survival not horror...

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-19-48.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-23-07.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-20-48.png

mta-screen_2011-02-22_20-13-10.png

• 2 weeks later...

thank you guys :) Im pretty new to MTA, and i dont know a lot about resources and how to use them, so if there is someone who is pretty good at using everything with MTA and the zombie gamemode i would really appreciate some tips, and i have some questions as well.

Questions

1. Im pretty sure ive seen a Fuel Mod on servers, where cars run out of gas unless you stop at a gas station, i was just wondering if that is still available and how to use it...

2. With Sloths zombie gamemode do i have to use zombie spawns or would the map run fine without placing spawns and just having zombies spawn wherever you are

3. How do i place player Spawn points in my map with the zombie gamemode?

4. i know there is a particle effect resource that lets you turn an object into an emitter, for smoke, fire, etc. i have it but i have no idea how to use it...

I think thats it for now

Any help is appreciated. i have the patience to decorate all of san andreas but i dont have the knowledge to really get this map up and running for multiplayer lol

Thank you

sorry wallmart I don't think it would be a good idea for us to collaborate on a map, im not trying to be a jerk. i just get about 2-3 hours a week to actually work on the map so it wouldn't be much of a collaboration lol but thanks tho dude

sorry wallmart I don't think it would be a good idea for us to collaborate on a map, im not trying to be a jerk. i just get about 2-3 hours a week to actually work on the map so it wouldn't be much of a collaboration lol but thanks tho dude

haha well im not that active on it too, maybe even less then you :P

but at least we could share pics/maps and give eachother tips on how to improve them ;)

and if we presented it as 1 whole thing it would look nicer then make 2 different topics on it.

Awesome map dude. I'm making a zombie server with my own script and everything, I thought I could do something like this myself but I found it is quite boring to fill a entire San Andreas map with such good decorations as this. Talk to me if you are interested

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...