MultiplayerMOD GTAt 0.5 - Featurelist & New Website

Trunkstom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked the gtaT forum and it looks like Blokker got his ass flamed! :oops:

It is something about him thinking Draco stole the idea of a stuntmode!

dracoblue steals all of our ideas...

which is why our next project is highly confidential.

-Derek

like what?

so what if theres a stunt mod, thats a must have for any good mod,

also, u guys dont have in game server list, 96 players, and theres also alot more custimizable stuff and etc, so dont say that

im not saying which mod is better, i love both of them currently, thats some more cents from me/

~Iggy

Plz imagine my situation!

I code alone with one PC @ home.

I have to w8 for my friends to be online for testing the latest version of gtat.

Because of this aspects my dev can't be that fast, even if I would be better as the MTA-Coder (don't want to say this so plz don't worry).

So when I have an idea which is new (like the stunt-thing) I put it in and keep silence, because proabably MTA does not implement it before me and I am the founder of the idea.

This stunt idea is sure since gtat 0.2b was released. This was implemented too and was one of the secret things in our featurelist. Now MTA released there small Stunt-Server :). This Clients have only the change (as I could see) that the normal singleplayer ingame script for stunts is back activated.

But if you look at my stunt-feature you will see, that I put the font and sounds from gta2 in the game, when you do an insanestunt. The Stunts are synchro by the server in his stats and in the score you see ppoints and best stunt-guys. That are so much things MTA does not have. This are things which can't be coded in one day, they had been allready in.

So plz guys if you think I am stealing don't post youre features in news and you will see that gtat codes the same stuff too without reading your news.

MTA looks not bad as it is currently, but I think when MTA will start putting inside the feature for more players or more than 1000 cars (like gtat will) they will have problems with their coding method.

Cya, DracoBlue

All talk, no action. Great to see all of those features that you have been doing, oh wait, we haven't.

Please imagine our situation. We release news about features, we implement them, we display them to our player's. We then see you (gtat) are going to have 5x the amount of cars, and 10x the amount of players and this and that and the other thing. You cannot honestly think that we will not take personal offense to someone blatently seeing what his competition is doing and inreasing (falsely or not) his own features to try and cause a stir.

MTA implements what we say, and releases it in a reasonable manner. We stick behind what we have said in the past and are constantly listening to what our community wants and puttting in features that the community wishes to see.

We have been quite tolerant of your mod on these forums, and we have supported your efforts. But some of the latest display of unfriendly competition cannot be taken lightly. Almost every MTA Team Member is eager to see what you come up with and see your 1000/1 Compression Netcode (*cough* bullshit *cough*) in action.

The I did this first, you did that first bullshit has to stop, and we have to let the Releases and the Community speak for themselves. We will continue to tolerate these postings until they reach a point that we can no longer stand, as we believe in fair play unlike certain people that you have ties with.

That is enough for me, and I DON'T want this to turn into a flame thread, just stating my opinion.

cray i understand you, but i was just saying this and same thing with draco because

dracoblue steals all of our ideas...

which is why our next project is highly confidential.

plz, u have to understand why we said that, i think that it was tolertable in that situation.

slush is only feeling the same frustrations that I have stated. You cannot blame him, or any of us, for stating those. I just seem to be able to keep my cool a little bit better than some :)

No i'm not. I'm stating obvious facts. All of the ideas i brought with me into MTA have so far been copied. There was no mention of these ideas any time before i joined the group.

-Derek

Guys guys stop. you cannot seal a idea that came form single player ... you can just improved on it! Like stunts or passengers they were there before multi player was ... you enabled multi and just add single player effects to it. Did you not?

Now any game mode anyone has suggested form the mta/gtat Community you would be sealing the idea form them and just implementing them where they could not. and I'll bet they came up with the idea form moives, games, mods, tv, books, etc etc and improved them or ripped them right off, I really don't care.

In the end decide who well use what will be stableness. As long as both teams don't put in all same game modes(but put popluar ones like stunts) and give the user choices you will both have players. MTA is very good and Gtat .5 looks very good(I really want to see it in action).

what the hell do I know anyways

You know what? I know alot more about GtaT than most of you guys. Draco has told me alot, and I've seen more than most people. I can tell you this, most of the features GtaT has now have been in dev since the release of gtat 0.3b. So stfu and keep to yourselves. I know draco isnt lying when he says about these features. (yes I do KNOW) Why don't you guys just leave each other alone, it's done more harm than good being on each others' forums.

to all people who are complaining:

if GTAT 0.5 is out we will see which is the best

don't fight, have respect what Dracoblue is doing, he's is doing most of the work by himself, and it costs a lot of free time

don't fight, have respect what Dracoblue is doing, he's is doing most of the work by himself, and it costs a lot of free time

The thing is when draco makes claims like he will have 96 players working, and he has like a dozen beta testers max people are going to be skeptical. How can he impliment, test, debug, and optimize a feature he has NO WAY of testing. He basically brags about how he can do this and that, but when it comes down to it, he has nothing to show. He then comes here and starts accusing the devs of doing things like locking out his speedo, and he starts to wear on peoples nerves.

ok - it seems im damned if i do, damned if i dont here

my 2 cents, feel free to add constructive critisism, quote me on other forums etc.

first of all, gtaT is competition, always has been, always will be. the MTA crew have respected GtaT since day 1, and have given them a lot of support (and tolerance at times)

But it seems that everything is strike and counter-strike (let me explain myself posty). We release something, and then a little later, gtaT does the same. This is either schrewd(sp?) bussiness skill, or the oppurtunity to improve your mod by 'liberating' the ideas of another. Ideas are free, but its annoying when we put in lots of effort to release something, only to see it being used elsewhere in another fashion.

Posty, you are probably right in saying that you have had a lot of things that are in development since gtat 0.3, but in saying that, these forums have stated ideas for many game-modes, addtions, modifictations etc since about gta3:mta 0.2 which i have seen used on gtaT (which is fine) but the fact that you seem to wait until after we have made a press release, gives the impression (not that impression was the word i was looking for) that you are copying us.

Yes in saying that, if you release something first the mta team may 'possibly' do the same (and copy, 'possibly'), but that may be a risk you will have to take to stop some of the accusations.

secondly, GTAt is known for making some 'fisherman's tales' claims (our netcode was this =|------------------------------|= compressed <-- yes they are meant to be arms ;-P ) GTAt have stated things on forums etc which seem impossible, or have not been backed up with code, (not that we can prove that) or more importantly, a public release to prove these claims. I think its a case of theoretical capabilities and actual work, im sure you are able to code this, but sometimes it is better to keep the fact that you are able to put X cars in the game a secret (if you think its a bit outlandish) until you can at least give some proof of it.

Draco, this may seem pointless, as im sure you are doing this already, but dont feel pressured by MTA, there is an ability for us to co-exist in some respect. Keep on going and dont be put off by any of the mta vs gtat bullshit; just code it =) Just like with the 'tintin' debacle before gtat 0.1 the proof is in the code, so good luck to yourself, hackerkid, trunkstom and the gtaT forum crew.

Hey,

What does it mather who got the idea? Almost everybody playing gta had the idea of a stunt mode.... So there actually is noone who discovered it...

example: If dracoblue (or mta, doesn't matter actually) stole your ideas... What have Unreal creators, Quake 3 arena etc. etc. stole then? I mean, they all have Capture the Flag or Team Deathmatch...

This isn't flaming, just giving my opinion.. GTAT and MTA:VC both have great things accomplished... Get multiplayer to a game that isn't built for it!

The thing is when draco makes claims like he will have 96 players working, and he has like a dozen beta testers max people are going to be skeptical. How can he impliment, test, debug, and optimize a feature he has NO WAY of testing. He basically brags about how he can do this and that, but when it comes down to it, he has nothing to show. He then comes here and starts accusing the devs of doing things like locking out his speedo, and he starts to wear on peoples nerves.

Dracoblue is not just saying things,, i know that because i'm the GTAT mapper and modeler, and he is telling me thing what i need to do for 1 of the features.

the implenting is actually easy to do, it doesnt have anything to do with the main.scm, he is not using the main.scm at all

Dracoblue knows much about computers and coding look on http://www.Dracoblue.de he makes programmes on request and if its not taking much time its free

he has nothing to show??? on gtat.tk he comes up with screenshots and video's

why should Dracoblue say things on his site which arent true, he will only loss GTAT players and that isn't logical

he doesny have much beta testers most times he needs to wait for his friends to test

a couple of weeks ago there was a GTAT LAN party(i think with GTAT 0.5)

in Germany (site: http://www.gtatlan.tk)

thats why you was thinking that he has much Beta testers

SO STOP SAYING THAT dRACOBLUE IS FAKING THE PLACE!!!

Dracoblue is not just saying things,, i know that because i'm the GTAT mapper and modeler, and he is telling me thing what i need to do for 1 of the features.

the implenting is actually easy to do, it doesnt have anything to do with the main.scm, he is not using the main.scm at all

Dracoblue knows much about computers and coding look on http://www.Dracoblue.de he makes programmes on request and if its not taking much time its free

he has nothing to show??? on gtat.tk he comes up with screenshots and video's

why should Dracoblue say things on his site which arent true, he will only loss GTAT players and that isn't logical

he doesny have much beta testers most times he needs to wait for his friends to test

a couple of weeks ago there was a GTAT LAN party(i think with GTAT 0.5)

in Germany (site: http://www.gtatlan.tk)

thats why you was thinking that he has much Beta testers

SO STOP SAYING THAT dRACOBLUE IS FAKING THE PLACE!!!

#1 I never said Dracoblue was faking anything.

#2 If you know ANYTHING about programming you would clearly know there is a HUGE difference between having an idea about how to implement something, and actually implementing it in an ideal fashion.

Obviously he thinks he has a way to implement it. I am sure the MTA team do as well. The difference is the MTA team understand the difference between theory and practice. Without having at least 96 beta testers its all theory. He cannot test the stability of 96 players or how much of a hit on the bandwidth and other server resources it will take.

He doesnt even have close to the number of beta testers to test these features. Really WTF is the point to developing a feature you have no hope to test before you release it? The very point to BETA testing is that not everything goes as planned. It is not bashing Dracoblues ability to code that is the issue. All code needs BETA testing, I dont care who you are. To claim that a dozen or 2 dozen or even 3 dozen people can test the ability to run a 96 player server is riddiculous.

Unless Dracoblue amazingly gets 96 beta testers with enough time to truely test this feature, he cannot make any claims as to whether or not this feature is stable or even works at all. I cannot see how his requests for you to model something or edit some map has anything to do with this.

In regards to the don't say you can do it until its been proving it can work, Windows Server Family, and other os servers are desiened to be able to run to an extent maintance free, that doesn't mean microsoft design and make windows server 2003, then test it for 10 years, they just test it a little, and based on whats been done so far they can predict how it will work. But i can't see how once you've gotten more than 2 plauers working getting a billion isn't much difference, As a programmer, once you have the intial thing, i find its usually quite easy to modify it,

for example to get 2 connected and working, this would be easy (i'm not saying it is, but then once you managed to get three working, it gives you an idea of how many can be working, if he says it'll work, belive him, then if it doesn't then bitch and flame ;)) at the moment all the complaints about GTAt may just make him stop working all together, yes then you can say well it was never going to be realised

in short i'm fed up with people bitching because they don't like something, i personally am not a big fan of fords, doesn't mean i start trying to convince people there cars all suck, they don't, i'm just not a fan of them

same again with os debates, ok linux is free, windows isn't, but in all fairness, say all OS's were free, or better still say windows was free and linux wasn't, would you still run linux and bitch about windows then?

i'm sure i've gotten completly off topic here, Although i must admit, i prefer not to tell people features of a program i write without having proof, although sometimes its nessicary to do this to keep people interested. But then you do feel quite the food when its done with :P

{Back in Time} It is Summer... and i have resently heard about some one is making a multiplayer for Gta Vice City... my Friends dident belive it.. so i Checked the seatch Engines at http://www.yahoo.com and i searched.. Afther a while i found this site http://www.Dracoblue.tk Wow A working Multiplayer mod for Gta Vice city.. Cool i thought.. but it was sucky as hell.. dident have any car in it either.. then i found another mod.. MTA.. but that wasent finished yet..sow i was on too play Gtat.. then there was a new version of Gtat. that was bether.. still.. no cars... Then Mta Came out.. and it looked Real Nice.. No Hard too install.. and dident Destroy my Single Player Campain either. Realy great Install.. yust push the install and choose Gta Direction.. but gtat.. you must re name you files and stuff and I dont like that.. Sow MTA is for Evry one.. and it was the only one i Got to work at my Lan Party.. Gtat is kind of hard too me.. I dont get it in Lan.. What i Mean is.. MTA gets a 9/10 beacause of it's Easy Use and play Method :) I would Love to see bether Netcodes and More Animations.. but as i sad.. Mta is VERY easy too use.. Gtat on the other hand... Is hard.. and makes me dizzy.. i cant get them bouth because the ChoseMode that DracoBlue has made... dam.. makes me Dizzy.. if Gtat made it like Mta (Easy Install.. A own folder so that i dont need to Ruin my Single player) I might give it a bether grade then 6/10.. Sorry Dracoblue but like all other noobs.. we like the easy way of doing things... Install, click Server, click Client.. Chose nick and start game :) Thats what i am talking about.. Easy too use.. more Fun.. :)

Sow Gtat is getting a Folder In Gta Vice city ? Thats Great :) I like that Idead THat I do. sow Now I wonder what about the game.. do i have too use that stupid ChangeMod ? i dont like that.. Therefore i Use MTA because it doesnt effekt my Original Gta Vice City Files..