MultiplayerMOD GTAt 0.5 - Featurelist & New Website

Trunkstom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but after reading one post, which seems very anti GTAt, its put my views on the mta forum down considerably

Last time I checked this forum is hosted by MTA and is 99% dedicated to MTA. I cannot imagine why many people would "put down" gtat, can you? C'mon now, you have to remember your audience when posting things or you will never gain respect.

Wait and see.

I respect both mods, and all the developers, it just irrates me when people say anything bad about any of the mods, especially when its a member of a team..Even if it does state its just a personal opinion, i still think its bad, a member of the development team should be able to look at both there own work, and others with a critical eye, not favour one, not saying anyone is, i can see faults in both and very good ideas in both, and so far i've only tried to post useful suggestions.

but my excuse for the time being is today i've been peeved off at trying to get a computer running, and i managed to get my cd writer workign by throwing it at the floor, (sounds silly, but i accidently droped a broken one earlier and it started working magically and since mine wasn't workign i thought i'd give it a shot...worryingly it worked...)

Also it was said there was only 2 new extra features, i think that dracoblue or whoever wrote it meant these features are new to GTAt nothing to do with MTA?

I must disagree, I find the map quite large for 32 players MP gaming and I thought that was partially the reason for Multiplicity?? Of course this would require random spawning, which is not on the feat list! :shock:

The official opinion of the MC team is that the VC map is a bit large for 32 players, this is not the reason for MultipliCity however. The reason for MC is that Vice City wasn't designed as an MP map, regardless of size. Just wanted to clear this up.

The following comments are not the official view of MTA or MC, and are not directed at anyone.

I personally think that both teams are a compiment of one another. Competition creates a better product. You can all have your opinions on both teams as to who's mod is more desirable, I'm sure it is obvious which one I am partial to. But stop with the petty bullshit. Yeah, DracoBlue makes some pretty out-there announcements as far as future features are concerned, but so what. If he can't live up to his word, it's his reputation. But if you doubt his abilities and flame him, and he ends up coming through, aren't you going to feel like a jack-ass. MTA is very realistic, this is why MC works exclusivly with them. If DB pulls through, more power to him, but I have my doubts.

This is the MTA forums, not the GTAT forums SteadVéx. You should expect people to be biased. You would get the same treatment at the MC forums as well. Our fans don't represent our views, so don't take it personal, but seriously man, get a clue.

OK - I may as well throw in my 2 cents on this, as i have tested both (not the newest gtat ver yet, but i will =) and have been around since the inception of both mods.

GTAt is doing pretty well for a single guy coding. There is obviously no copying of anyone else's ideas, as most of the mta forumers are also conversing their ideas on GTAt and vice-versa. Things like passengers etc are not really ideas that one can claim, as nearly everyone had thought of it since GTA:AM was born.

I think part of the problem with draco's announcments could be his grasp of the english language, or he just likes to hype up his releases *cough*MTA 0.3*cough*

IMO - gtaT had a LOT of catching up to do when mta released MTA 0.1 for VC, and by the looks, they have easily done so.

Forums by nature are a gathering of people who come to talk on a single subject. Usually with great bias. The mta forum has people who dont necessarily 'hate' the other mods, but are loyal to mta, and the same goes for gtaT and ggm (which is right now the best gta3 MP mod out there =) All the 'haters' can go away really. Debates on which is better is fine, but it doesnt need to decend into the flaming/hating realm like I have seen on all the forums at some point.

Although they work seperatly, ostracised from each other - they work towards a common goal. Competition is healthy, and from the ashes of the 'losers' (as it were) will arise a single MP mod, which will be better than the rest because it really had to be better.

As for 96 players - i have enough troubles playing a 32 player game of CS on my 56k modem on a local server let alone 96 players on a Dutch server.

Personally - i cant see a use for the spedo, cept for finding people who are 'tweaking' the handling configs =) or a 'speed' game mode (find the thread in the suggestions forum yaself :roll::P )

Multiplicity, as eeos said, is around to make mp maps for MTA:VC because the VC world isnt exactly MP friendly

I can comment on these things as im technically not part of the MTA team (just a really loyal supporter), neither am i part of GTAt - i am free to support (with extreme prejudice) and critisize as i see fit with my own brand of indescriminate justice :twisted::twisted::twisted:

On a friendlier note, i have been a loyal supporter of all the GTA:MP mods regardless of their lifespan, and hope to continue so. Good work on this ver draco, maybe if you stop releasing a new version to the public every 2 days I can use the mod without having to keep updating it =) j/k

To barna - while im here; GGM owns for GTA3 right now, most fun ive had with gta3 in a LONG long time =)

• MTA Team

SteadVéx, the compression Draco is talking about (and i will not say the numbers) is to good to be true, if that number can be maid, beleive me, a lot of CPU power is needed to decompress it. I'm not talking hard drive compression. Ever unzipped a zip of rar file in the highest compression? a small file isn't done in a second, now think of the size you need for 96 players, we are talking at least 200kb/s, try to compress that to 20kb/s on your PC and see how far you get

heres my opinion, for right now i believe draco that gta t's feture list will be complete, maybe not the no lag 96 players though, but as maybe some of u remember he promised a in game menu for gta3 t and this never happened, and u can clearly see that he is not copying mta since if you take a look at the screens which i wont post since these are mta not gta t forums the layout is completly differnt.

now, if draco sticks to his world i think gta t will be moven on up and mta has some competion, but if its a repeat of gta3t, no, mta will have none. so currently im a fan of both mods but more on mta's side (even though im on gta wo) so good luck to both mods! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I would prefer MTA over GTAT because in the early stages it looks more solid, it's got a bigger fan base, and it's better known.

Please note that my opinion doesn't really matter, because not only do I have the Aussie version of Vice City (so MTA won't work), but I'm behind a firewall (so GTAT won't work).

I look foward to future releases where these problems might be over come...

• 1 month later...

its not original since mta has too a stunt mod on progress

Actually, it doesn't show any at all.

true, when draco will put a reel video with lot of players running, firing, driving on a same scene to see how it runs, maybe in 3 months :\

...waiting for mta 0.3 ;c) i know how it works, and futur release will surely be greater, btw may the 2 mods great :c)