Cleo mods

diegofkda

I have a good idea

If in mta server.conf says players can use cleo mods, players can use it ^^

I have noticed a bug with cleo mods (that disabling cleo mod fixes a bug)

here is an example:

<!-- This parameter allows to the players to use Cleo mods. Specify the max number of characters / lines. Note: disabling this fixes a bug bla bla bla (idk the bug lol). 1 - Use any cleo mods  0 - disable. Default 0  --> 
    <cleolch>1</cleoch> <!-- this says the number of characters --> 
    <cleolines>1</cleolines> <!-- This says the number of lines --> 

This is all, remember this is just a suggestion

Yes, but it's really hard to script CLEO Mods as you can imagine.

Obviously one must have experience with SCM and some memory hacking (which would be the only possible use for CLEO in MTASA), but it's not terribly difficult. As to what you'd script, I have no clue - uses are probably so limited for non-cheating use that it may be better to disable CLEO or maybe even all dll-equivalent files.

Yes, but it's really hard to script CLEO Mods as you can imagine.

Before know MTA, i was making a new GTA (with all) and i was editing missions, and is not too difficulty. (i stoped because my machine is really slower)

MTA could support CLEO mods, but that's not so important - server owner who REALLY wants such things in the server could simply script them.

Ye? Cleo mods is not the same thing than LUA, if you see you can make scripts in Cleo that you cant with Lua, or Lua scripts that you cant make with Cleo...

Anyway, its just a suggestion, i wanted to make a Cleo server, if you want cleo in your server ok, if you dont want, leave it in default "0".

What exactly would be the purpose of CLEO mods in MTA:SA? Much of what's possible using CLEO is also possible using LUA scripting as far as I know. The only advantage CLEO has over LUA is memory address modification and calling functions & methods directly, but like I said: what's the point?

CLEO also requires an .asi file to be loaded for scripts to function, and in the current version of MTA:SA no .asi files load.

What exactly would be the purpose of CLEO mods in MTA:SA? Much of what's possible using CLEO is also possible using LUA scripting as far as I know. The only advantage CLEO has over LUA is memory address modification and calling functions & methods directly, but like I said: what's the point?

CLEO also requires an .asi file to be loaded for scripts to function, and in the current version of MTA:SA no .asi files load.

So...

If Cleo is enabled in mtaserver.conf, server will load cleo.asi file, the cleo.asi file is in MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch, if is not enabled in conf, it wont load ASI file.

Cleo is for client-side scripting, there's nothing a server could do with it.

If we allowed servers to put cleo dlls into clients we'd end up with people putting viruses on to our user's computers. We'll never support running arbitrary binary code on clients.

Cleo is for client-side scripting, there's nothing a server could do with it.

If we allowed servers to put cleo dlls into clients we'd end up with people putting viruses on to our user's computers. We'll never support running arbitrary binary code on clients.

So, if is ASI file modified, it will say "MTA data files are modified" when you're trying to connect.

My question remains: what would be the potential use for CLEO mods which are completely client side? LUA encompasses most if not all useful additional functions offered by CLEO. And no matter the reasoning, no such mod/hook/what-have-you that executes arbitrary code will be supported by MTASA, as eAi has said several times.