Release: MTA 0.5r2 for GTA3/VC

Towncivilian

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missing OCX error is because the Server Config Tool is written in Visual Basic 6.0 and Windows 7 no longer bundles the necessary runtime libraries to run such applications. If you Google for the missing OCX files and place them in the directory with the SCT, it will function. I used to have a zip of these, but I guess I deleted them.

I have revised mtaserver.conf's description for clarity, so you may simply want to open it with Notepad and configure your server that way.

I can admin myself. But I doubt I would even pass the anti-trainer system, despite being the host.

Thanks all

EDIT: Also, should I use my gateway, or my real IP ?

In the server box, it also says Port # 2126 must be accessible from the Internet.

So that's two UDP ports to unblock ? Have not seen myself in the browser yet

You must forward ports 2003 and 2126, I think 2003 is TCP and 2126 UDP. If you want your server to show up on Game-Monitor, you must register your server on their site. Use your real IP.

The anti-trainer system? Are you referring to the client kicking you with the message "Disconnected: Suspected Trainer Usage"?

0h alrighty then.

Yup. I've been having "Disconnected: Suspected Trainer Usage" all the time just before Vice City loading bar fills up. It stays there then I have to Alt+Tab and End Process gtavc.exe

So it's been happening ever since trying to fix widescreen. Awfully regret

EDIT: So the server browser works with Game-Monitor ? Registering

Edited by Guest

I made a small edit of the last post too.

I uninstalled VC, reinstalled VC, it let me play for 5 minutes then crashed. Then same thing again

It's 1.1 no-cd, or CLEO.

I was playing regular VC, went to GTAforums.com and tried Squiddy's,spaceeinstein's work.

Aside from crosshairs, it also glitches the map and cutscenes

I know it glitches up the map and cutscenes (including MTA's spawn menu) which is why I only incorporated the crosshair fix into MTA 0.5r2. As far as I know though, having the "full" fix shouldn't conflict with MTA 0.5r2. You do not need to be running 1.1 unless you have a very old graphics card. Try a 1.0 no-CD.

no-CD were so easy to grab back in the day. I'll uninstall, reinstall and try a 1.0 backup-CD executable and tell how it goes. And reinstall MTA

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, according to dxdiag

Hosting might be just a bit irritating, as I've got dynamic IPs. Game-Monitor site shows:

game-monitormta.jpg

Yet I still can't see me in the server browser. I did unblock 2003 TCP, and 2126 UDP

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 2 things. One, the links for the linux 0.5r2 server binaries are broken! If someone could point me towards the proper files I'd greatly appreciate it! And two, my friends and I get on just about every weekend and play Vice City DM. We just host our own server but I was figuring I'd make it public just in case anyone out there wants to join in. Currently, it's hosted on a windows box but if I can get those linux binaries we'll get it switched over.

Anyhow, I wrote a spawn bot for the server so you can use "!s car/weapon" to spawn cars and guns. The server is running 24/7 if anyone wants to check it out but we're usually only on weekends. There is no admin on most times so honor system gang.

Server host:port

24.205.251.199:2003

Hey guys, 2 things. One, the links for the linux 0.5r2 server binaries are broken! If someone could point me towards the proper files I'd greatly appreciate it! And two, my friends and I get on just about every weekend and play Vice City DM. We just host our own server but I was figuring I'd make it public just in case anyone out there wants to join in. Currently, it's hosted on a windows box but if I can get those linux binaries we'll get it switched over.

Anyhow, I wrote a spawn bot for the server so you can use "!s car/weapon" to spawn cars and guns. The server is running 24/7 if anyone wants to check it out but we're usually only on weekends. There is no admin on most times so honor system gang.

Server host:port

24.205.251.199:2003

Check the 0.5r2 board for that info. As for spawning vehicles, that is not possible in this version. Are you sure it works? :)

As for spawning vehicles, that is not possible in this version. Are you sure it works? :)

yes. i am 100% positive it can spawn cars and weapons on mta 0.5r2. my bot is a fully custom mta client i wrote myself. go ahead and try it. anyhow, we were just looking for some new folks to play with, perhaps we'll see you this weekend

As for spawning vehicles, that is not possible in this version. Are you sure it works? :)

yes. i am 100% positive it can spawn cars and weapons on mta 0.5r2. my bot is a fully custom mta client i wrote myself. go ahead and try it. anyhow, we were just looking for some new folks to play with, perhaps we'll see you this weekend

Fully custom MTA client? Please explain...

it's a replacement for mtaclient.exe. it connects to the server and makes the server believe it is an actual player client. from this point it's capable of monitoring all other players info via the packets it receives from the server. spawning a vehicle from here is simple, it merely sends a packet to the server saying it is in a car at the location of the target player. same goes for spawning weapons. you see the bot in game as though it were another player.

it's a replacement for mtaclient.exe. it connects to the server and makes the server believe it is an actual player client. from this point it's capable of monitoring all other players info via the packets it receives from the server. spawning a vehicle from here is simple, it merely sends a packet to the server saying it is in a car at the location of the target player. same goes for spawning weapons. you see the bot in game as though it were another player.

And how did you make this?

believe me it took a long time and a lot of trial and error. i wrote a dll that i injected into the 0.5 mta client that would decrypt and log all packets sent by the standard mta client. after many many hours spent anyalyzing and breaking down the packet data, writing the client itself was simply a matter of implementing the appropriate functions with the appropriate packets.

believe me it took a long time and a lot of trial and error. i wrote a dll that i injected into the 0.5 mta client that would decrypt and log all packets sent by the standard mta client. after many many hours spent anyalyzing and breaking down the packet data, writing the client itself was simply a matter of implementing the appropriate functions with the appropriate packets.

That's very clever, although it does break the license. Be sure not to do anything malicious with your new-found knowledge! ;)

By any chance do you know C++? :)

i do know c++. the original dll i wrote was c++ though the client itself is written in vb and makes calls to the dll. and no sir i have no intentions of doing anything malicious with it. my friends and i just like the ability to have any vehicle/weapon at your fingertips. oh, it wont spawn the bad weapons either, ie the flame thrower. i did restrict those from use.