Will MTA be able to support CLEO mods

Martijn

Question

14 answers to this question

Your link doesn't work.

But, no, it's not something we'll ever support. We want your game to be as pristine as possible, and allowing mods just opens things to cheats.

I can't tell what your link is, but if it fixes a GTA bug, it's something we can integrate into MTA.

Well, if you, or anyone else can find out what it actually does, then we could integrate it into MTA. I'm not sure what problem it's actually fixing though.

You may be able to contact the author and ask him...

the file extension is .asi

but it requires CLEO to run D:

It's vice-versa. ASI = like DLL: An extension for software, or Dynamically Linked Library. I'ts coded with C++, to hook it into the game. Now, that's what allow us to use CLEO mods. CLEO is scripted with SCM, the coding language of San Andreas' game. The ASI file will hook those CLEO mods into the game, CLEO mods can't do that theirself.

But, It's some nice idea to get a memory stream fix into the MTA core. I'm not using any graphical mod anymore, because of those flashy stuff that appears.

GTA3/VC/SA automatically execute asi (and a few other file types) on runtime, which is how CLEO hooks into GTA. CLEO, as said above, uses SCM + new opcodes as its scripting language and uses a special kind of compiled SCM file (filename.cs) in the \CLEO\ folder in the GTA directory. Of course, MTA:SA won't support CLEO or other asi files for reasons stated by eAi.