Server list spam

ccw

• MTA Team

Please visit our new subforum for reports: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/forum/188-server-list-help/

Spoiler

Increasingly, some servers are using disruptive server names, impacting the accuracy of the server browser search function and if more servers start doing so, potentially rendering it useless (hence we're announcing countermeasures now).

Examples of disruptive server names are those with all kind of other (popular) server tags/clan titles in them, or a myriad of gamemode types in one slang which is completely unrelated to the spamming server's actual content. Below is a list of such servers, that will soon face consequences if they do not stop these practises: (pay attention to mostly the ending of names in this selective list)

• ~~~~~~~~ KSA |Saudi BaseMode| KSA ~~~~~~~~~~~~esportporgtaegsaracdkr   
  • ~~~~~~~~ KSA |Saudi HajwalaH| KSA ~~~~~~~~~~~~esportporgtaegsaracdkr
  • |FFS|Racing 24/7 DD/DM [serverdeals.org] For :O Sake! saesrpgvalhalladdcgmchlsrpgamenetzombie
  • ~~~~~~KSA ~/3rB| SauDi Server HaJwAlH |3rB\~ KSA~~~~~~~~~esportgtahajwalahf~ncpsclandanger
  • [ADD][iG] -.:.:.RedBull.:.:.- Only [DM] 128player RED BULLFGHCNRKdarkepgrvsgmcxiiag
  • -M$P-Racing Server ~ DD/DM Only For Pro! hlsneonsgffsxiiivalahallagreenesports
  • | -[xXx]- | ClanWar Server | http://www.TripleX -Clan.ch.vu | epg,gmc,ddc,dmc,eports,exo,rpg,xiii,ffs
  • [CZ|SK|PL|EN] SMT #1 DD/DM | teamsmt.eu | mtasa.cz | derbyracepgffskchlsgmcddcvip
  • [GER/ENG]SPR Clanserver Race-|DD+DM| only [spr-clanserver,exo,epg,XIII,shc,kog,kekz,spg,neon,ag]
  • VIP Clan Server DD/DM [www.MAXRATE.PL] VIP POWER xss ppg dmz mec kekz[epg xiii] @ maxrate.pl
  • ~~~~~~~~~|TWD| Clan server MouseX~~~~~~~~~DKRshcdmc100callofdutydefaultmtaserver
  • |-SHC//-| ~DD/DM~ | @www.SHCClan.de | saesrpgvalhallagmchlsrpgamenetzombie
  • -Xh- Clan DD/DM Server mta.webuda.com [24/7] [LT/EN] exoshcepgxiiisaeskekzvipmec
  • [GER/ENG]KekZ Race-ClanServer |DD + DM| [kekz-clan.ucoz.dekatazombiecodepgskcxiiivipffs]
  • ~~~~~~~~ Polski Serwer 4FUN Race/DD/DM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ darkepgrvsgmcxiigetpagig5redbull
  • | -[xXx]- | DD/DM/RACE | http://www.TripleX -Clan.ch.vu | epggmcddcdmceportsexoracerpgxiiishcffs
  • [GER/ENG]~|SPG|~Freeroam 24/7 Best Only Free Happy New Year exo vip vio sga spr ddc epg german
  • VIP Clan Server DD/DM [WWW.MAXRATE.PL] VIP POWER xss ppg dmz mec kekz[epg xiii] @ maxrate.pl
  • ~[ [xHoWx] Heroes OF WaR By ALGHAMDi @]~~~~eSportssaudiserverBaseModeGTAARgtapro
  • [DMC] DM/DD [24/7][www.dmc-clan.co.cc][No1servers]saesRPGBOSSValhallaDriftgamenet
  • [iG] Innovation Gaming Freeroam Server IG.FG.X5.RK.Redbull.epgskcxiirpgva
  • VIP Clan Server DD/DM [www.MAXRATE.PL] VIP POWER xss ppg dmz mec kekz[epg xiii] @ maxrate.pl
  • [GER/ENG]~|SPG|~Clanserver DD DM 24/7[HappyNewYear] exo vip sga xii epg ddc spr vio german

Incase your server has such a name or any other form of abusive (partial) naming, we request you to change it into something acceptable, or otherwise we will ban or blacklist your server from the masterlist. Offenses also include: copying established server's names/server cloning, running multiple bogus ''front'' servers with the only purpose of redirecting any joiners straight elsewhere, spamming the serverbrowser with multiple unmaintained servers that serve no real purpose or which aren't different from eachother in content (this is only acceptable out of maxplayers considerations) or just, with multiple generic servers, to advertise something like a hosting company in the server name.

If you know the owner(s) of any such server in violation, please direct them to this thread so they know what to do in order to avoid a blacklist/server ban, or forceful changing/filtering of their server name. You can also report them to us by posting in this topic or (incase your reputable server is being cloned or name-copied) preferably, sending me a PM.

btw Evading the name alteration or serverbrowser blacklist/removal without removing the spam will be severely tutted against.

Posting regulations: (added January 2019)

- Post complaints and reports only, don't engage in arguments, discussions or flamewars, if you see your server being accused of something, take it to PM with said user or inform a moderator of your side of the story in private. There's no need to be afraid of us taking any steps without first contacting you if possible (unless the violation is blatantly obvious).

- Don't bump your own post for more attention, you may only post about the same issue once.

You will get our answer (about the handling of your report, in case we do handle it) in the form of an edit to your post, in bold red text, instead of a moderator reply. If we need more information or if it's a sensitive matter, we will PM you instead or preliminarily.

If you don't get a reply in such an (or any) fashion, it means we don't "see music" in your report, aka no potential. We decide ourselves which reports are suitable for being processed and no response means we don't want to handle it (please accept this) or that preliminary investigation revealed the report had no potential or was (likely) invalid. We also don't get involved with issues we deem to be sensitive or unrealistic to deal with, for example there's some beefs around MTA (co-ownership debates, originally leaked gamemodes and re-used server names where the lines of real ownership and history are blurry, etcetera) that will deter us, especially from picking sides or making a determination of truth.

So by posting a complaint here, you're in no way guaranteed to be helped. Informing us about a situation is worth a try, though.

Edited by qaisjp
We no longer use this topic, and make it big, because people are blind
  • Thanks 3

FFS|Racing's servername changed.

Used it to get more attentions (like youtube tags for example), as so many servers have [serverFFS.com] in their names and it's quite hard to find FFS with just the string. And there were no rules-restrictions for server names. Would have been nice to just put out a warning, as most other server owners never use MTA forums and will probably be puzzled of what's happening.

• Thanks 1

I don't think restrictions on server names should be necessary for server operators to realise that using another server's name to draw attention to their own is a pretty low tactic. Just seems like common courtesy to me, to make your server successful based on its own merits, not by using other server names to improve your search hits.

It's nice to see KSA's spam advertisement is not limited to just people coming on our server and spamming their server name, they've even got our server name in their server name too. Kudos to Dev's for intervening on this matter.

I don't think restrictions on server names should be necessary for server operators to realise that using another server's name to draw attention to their own is a pretty low tactic. Just seems like common courtesy to me, to make your server successful based on its own merits, not by using other server names to improve your search hits.

It's nice to see KSA's spam advertisement is not limited to just people coming on our server and spamming their server name, they've even got our server name in their server name too. Kudos to Dev's for intervening on this matter.

It just makes the server more visible, no-one actually puts a gun on player's head and tell them which server to join, it's their free will.

But I gotta admit, that this KSA thing was too much.

• Discord Moderators
It just makes the server more visible,

"Makes the server more visible", tell me, if everyone made their server more visible using your method what happens? The search feature of the server browser broke.

no-one actually puts a gun on player's head and tell them which server to join, it's their free will.

When someone searches for "valhalla" or "dkr", what do you think they search for? Exciting new servers or existing ones? :P

Your non-unique tag issue isn't really an excuse to do this, you picked your own tag and you can change it too. Kind of lol you spend other peoples tags in your servername to populate your server, while you do not realise what you do towards other servers - the same thing that happens to you. Now that's something that makes me cringe.

It's good to see some change though, good work.

It just makes the server more visible,

"Makes the server more visible", tell me, if everyone made their server more visible using your method what happens? The search feature of the server browser broke.

no-one actually puts a gun on player's head and tell them which server to join, it's their free will.

When someone searches for "valhalla" or "dkr", what do you think they search for? Exciting new servers or existing ones? :P

Your non-unique tag issue isn't really an excuse to do this, you picked your own tag and you can change it too. Kind of lol you spend other peoples tags in your servername to populate your server, while you do not realise what you do towards other servers - the same thing that happens to you. Now that's something that makes me cringe.

It's good to see some change though, good work.

I am not gonna waste my money on buying a new domain etc to change the server's name. I removed the tags as fast as possible after seeing this thread.

I'll better wait till serverFFS closes it's doors :mrgreen: , based on their attitude towards their customers, it shouldn't take long anymore. But on the other hand, RyanAir still exists, regardless of their business policy.

ccw, recently i found out a server wich is using our server name (mini-missions) to drive traffic to their servers.

What can we do on this case?

Their ip is: 93.81.45.3:22003

and their server name is: || Mini-Missions [for-all-mtasa.3dn.ru] || (They even copied the "||" to make it look extremely similar to our server name) (wich is || Mini-Missions [sitehere.com] ||)

• MTA Team
ccw, recently i found out a server wich is using our server name (mini-missions) to drive traffic to their servers.

What can we do on this case?

Their ip is: 93.81.45.3:22003

and their server name is: || Mini-Missions [for-all-mtasa.3dn.ru] || (They even copied the "||" to make it look extremely similar to our server name) (wich is || Mini-Missions [sitehere.com] ||)

Hmmm, strange tactic. I'm pretty sure that won't work out for them.

• 2 weeks later...

4vfoe8.jpg

I've noticed a fake server of us today, we own those 3 servers;

|GMC| :: Hard DD :: http://www.gmc-mta.de

..:: ex-|GMC| Race/Deathmatch ::..

..:: ex-|GMC| Destruction Derby ::..

BUT, this server '' ..:: ex-|GMC|100% DM/DD::..'' is not our server, fake with everything, that person who created it even faked our Clan. That's funny or sad, I can't decide.

Is there anything we can do ? Like renaming their server with permission of MTA Community ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://www.game-monitor.com/mta_GameServer/46.45.165.161:22003/MTA-TURAN_MINI-MISSIONS.html

This server is runing an loby script and is using our Server Name on their title (mini-missions) to mislead players to connect on their server.

I am not related to this server and have never visited it, but you cannot ultimately claim this to be removed, as mini-missions isn't really a unique clan/server-name to choose. First of all it means pretty much the game-mode which consists of mini-missions and in the last place means your server name.