The character selection video

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe sorry but when he asked for a movie of 'passenger seat' i couldnt resist :)

You see peeps when we release a little taster, be it in the form of screenshots or a video it gets tiresome having everyone saying 'why isnt blah in there' 'cant you add blah' 'give us blahblah', if the reaction every time is dissatisfaction then it just makes us wonder if its more hassle than its worth releasing anf info at all :/

Please remember mtavc is still very much beta (although a damn playable one) and is not intended to be 'complete' in any way yet, just rest assured that each release will be a significant step up from the prior.

Meanwhile keep your ORIGINAL game mode/minigame/missions coming, use the thread in here to suggest them, as providing no other major scm work is needed trx, headfonez and I will be concentrating on that side after 0.2 is released.

[/u]

Someone made a really good point i thought. If we have to pick between 4 or 5 different classes, wont people start looking the same. What if everyone picks the cop?

That 'someone' is actually me if you go back to page 1 and read it. I would like to know the answer to this problem. Please help me and GreyRabbit!!!

I like the video, glad to see the good work continuing. You flashed through the characters a little fast though, coudn't see what weapons each was allowed.

But, aside from that, I like the idea of multiple spawn points. Though I'm confused a little about the selection process. Every time I die, I can come back as another class. Does that put me on another team or am I still considered part of my original team (I guess the question only applies to Team Wars).

BUT! Aside from that too! I noticed MORE CARS! YAY! Even the Police Van and the Van for the gang across from the Film Studio. I was wondering if we were going to see more cars in .2! More cars and more TYPES of cars. The ghetto is rather barren (Securicar and Whoopie only). And Downtown is just plain bleak! I think there's only the 2 choppers and a PCJ there.

Keep up the good work folks, you have an amazing thing going here!

8)

yes, if every1 would pick the cop, every1 would look the same

I would like to correct this a little bit, it seems blokker hasn't been testing with us lately, so I'll clarify the current status of this spawn interface. When you start a new game or when you die you will be presented with the spawn interface menu, you can then select from 6 different characters/classes. Your selection decides where you spawn, and what you will look like, as well as which weapons you start out with. We have randomized your appearance dependant on what character/class you select. For instance, if you select a cop, you will either appear as tommy in a police uniform or as lance in a police uniform.

I think these guys ( from the intro, when tommy is ambushed during the deal) would rock as an "occupation"

thugs.jpg

they could spawn at the place behind the Downtown Ammu-Nation

no idea on waht weapons or gang car they could use :?

EDIT: their model names are

CSassA, CSassB and CSassC

I just hate the idea of when you die, You have to choose your occupation every time. I like everything else.

All you have to do is press enter if you want to join the same 'gang' again, since it will remember your previous choice.

i just find a new question héhé :

by occupation, is there an friendly fire ?, can it be disable ?, and if a mate kill the other, will the kill negative or positiv ?, and at last when you join an occupation, are there lots of spawn points for the team, or all rubbers/cops etc etc will spawn in one spawn point at there location ?

yop yop, 0.2 will blow, waiting !!!!

Although we have put in the skin support and such for "team" play, we have not actually implemented any team functions.

Therefore, even though more than one person choose the same team, such as Robber, they will still all be seperate people killing each other as they please.

Actual team-based play will not make it into the next release, but of course will be something for the future.