[SA-MP] Better then MTA ?

nowofresh

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3870/noweprzedmiotynew.png

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/473/noweprzedmioty.png

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4816/nowezdjecie.png

WHAT THE :o ! ! ?

Developers, we don't want to samp be better then mta -.-

Can u add option to wear clothes on a ped ?

In 3# picture u can see on a ped head new clothes :(.

Bye,

sa-mp is better than mta:sa now...

Custom object is very good idea, this can attach this same element to all skin in hand for example, and i musn't replace this :o models...

I hope that in future versions of MTA: SA, you can use "custom models" :D

Im bored of this topic.

I will explain all GTA SA, SAMP and MTA is.

What is GTA SA?

GTA SA is a 2005 single-game, where you can do many things (like drive, kill, war with other gangs, modifiy CJ clothes, etc...).

It is a SINGLE-GAME! it is not made / prepared to be multi-player.

What is SAMP?

Samp was the second Grand Theft Auto MultiPlayer modification, its name "San Andreas MultiPlayer" made to SAMP "famous", what means that...

For example, if i want to browse a Need for Speed Most Wanted Online, I will go to google and I will browse "Need for Speed MostWanted Online", or "Need for Speed Most Wanted Multiplayer", I know no one will browse "Multi For Speed Most Wanted"...

The same thing for GTA SA.

Ok, Ill go back to SAMP definition.

It is a bad and unstable GTASA MultiPlayer modification, wich its...left by the owner. (in 1 year they make just 3 or 4 updates).

Its a bad multiplayer because, as I said, its unstable, and its languaje isnt... isnt as I want... (I mean I can't script everything I want, and that languaje Pawn doesnt exist, so I wont learn a new languaje just for 1 crappy game).

Its GUI or Menus aren't enought good, comparing it to MTA, MTA has its own ingame-menu (MTA team made a great work with 1.1 game-menu).

SAMP is full in cheaters...

The point is, SAMP has less functions and less User preferences, less Network Quality and less gameplay.

What is MTA?

MTA is the best GTASA MultiPlayer Modification, wich has many user preferences, exelent Network Quality and better, so better and selectable GUI (comparing it to SAMP definition).

It has many functions, and its languaje is LUA (its a known languaje, and it already exists, not as PAWN before SAMP).

You're talking about... custom weapons? that can be done by engine-replacing, for example, I can replace something to ID 1097 (its a wheel) and attach it to player part (head, hand, leg, etc...).

Custom clothes, the same thing

that can be done by engine-replacing, for example, I can replace something to ID 1097 (its a wheel) and attach it to player part (head, hand, leg, etc...).
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not better. SA-MP doesn't even import custom models. Everything it has is client modding the game. It's easily possible to do with .bat files. SA-MP doesn't have what MTA has: loading models directly into the game process. That doesn't need any modding of game files and what's more, objects can be replaced anytime. So if you want to have original and custom models together, you can make a custom model streamer.

you can import lol, but theres just a limit of how much you can import. thats the only problem

Exactly, SA-MP can't import custom models, players need to do so.

@diegofkda, one thing i must tell you, the menus in sa:mp are the same menus from gta, so to be honest, you have no right to call the menu's stupid ugly or whatever, but you have a right for the dialogs/gui

and learn to spell

@CrystalMV you are correct, i missed that part, each individual player has to download the updated samp files, or it won't show for them/or work, thanks for pointing that out

@diegofkda, one thing i must tell you, the menus in sa:mp are the same menus from gta, so to be honest, you have no right to call the menu's stupid ugly or whatever, but you have a right for the dialogs/gui

and learn to spell

@CrystalMV you are correct, i missed that part, each individual player has to download the updated samp files, or it won't show for them/or work, thanks for pointing that out

LoL Why do you think I call "ugly" to SA:MP's menu?

The menu from GTASA is so ugly, and in SAMP, options "New game" and more are allowed and it crashes the game...

It isnt a major bug, but anyway SAMP could make a new menu.

About spell: ???

Like Amelor, some does play both of them too. They go Stunting, RP, and Clan War in SA-MP. But they do sometimes go race, DM gamemodes like Stealth / Basemode, and using the map editor in MTA SA.

@diegofdka: We know all about that. SA-MP is famous of its players because of the name itself. Most people think SA-MP is the only multiplayer mod around. The menu... You're blaming Rockstar, it's the usual GTA SA menu anyways. The custom GUI in SA-MP is not as extensive as the ones used in MTA SA.

SA-MP is full of cheaters because of its ability to use mods (like handling) and CLEO scripts in the game. MTA SA, in the other hand, doesn't.

@eAi: Hmm, you're right. But if they're supportive of MTA, why didn't they do anything to MTA SA other than that response?

i find it so wierd that mta got 4th place in the mod of the year for 2010 on moddb... i would think samp wouldve blown mta away since pretty much almost the whole gta communtity plays samp instead of mta.

maybe if mta was advertised more, and posted across many websites, we will start seeing more players.

you know what i kinda wanna see? i wanna see mta and samp combine together...

They're too lame to stand in MOTY.

Why would MTA want to "combine" with something so inferior? People have a choice to play either one or the other and its up to the players to decide, its their loss if they choose to play on that inferior mod.

This whole topic started because somebody posted some screenshots showing something (one thing) that MTA doesn't have. Well we could start listing everything MTA has that SAMP doesn't but the list would go on and on and since MTA has active development the list would keep getting added to.

We're playing MTA and its incredible, what more can be said here?

These types of threads always devise different opinions, not that this is a bad thing (considering this is a forum), however sometimes people ask for too much. As Arran clearly pointed out the reason for the two modifications is to give gamers a choice upon which product they wish to play. Whilst I’ve personally only played SA-MP for no longer then 10 seconds, I presume there are certain elements which may be better than this, that or the other, though nothing will ever be perfect.

I believe someone mentioned about making MTA more popular. I personally don’t know what else can be achieved because MTA has been around for almost a decade. MTA has received multiple recognitions in various magazine articles back in the day because this modification was something unique and the history behind the whole development has been rewarding and praised by many.

As for the future? Only time will tell.

@Benox.exe

MTA will absorb samp like a rag vulgar if they fit together and the number of players will increase which will allow MTA to grow quickly. I do not see any problems with this

yea thats kinda where i was going when i thought about maybe samp and mta combining... samp is pretty much where everyone is, so thats where most of the servers are. so if samp were to combine with mta more servers will start poping up, and we would see some more variety. and once theres a lot of people we probably might see more features too because of the amount of people involved. maybe even a more stable mta?

• 7 months later...
@diegofdka: We know all about that. SA-MP is famous of its players because of the name itself. Most people think SA-MP is the only multiplayer mod around. The menu... You're blaming Rockstar, it's the usual GTA SA menu anyways. The custom GUI in SA-MP is not as extensive as the ones used in MTA SA.

Actually SA-MP has gotten populair due to the fact that MTA has mostly been focused on racing while SA-MP Is more or less focused on Roleplaying which seems to attract lots of players.

--

Still don't see a reason to hate SA-MP or MTA, silly.

MTA isn't focus on one gamemode only. Actually you can find any kind of server at the list.

The only reason SAMP is more popular (I think), is the name. San Andreas Multiplayer is more obvious than Multi Theft Auto.

That's bullshit, in the early years MTA was almost only focused on Racing, It's only lately that other servers has started popping up.

No u, MTA:Race was first, then when DM came out there were already a diversity of gamemodes. Still, you're right theres no reason to hate SA:MP nor MTA. You can hate the creator of SA:MP with his dicatorshit, and the players who argue about MTA without giving ANY reason why they know it's true that MTA is better when it comes to.. everything.

No u, MTA:Race was first, then when DM came out there were already a diversity of gamemodes. Still, you're right theres no reason to hate SA:MP nor MTA. You can hate the creator of SA:MP with his :~, and the players who argue about MTA without giving ANY reason why they know it's true that MTA is better when it comes to.. everything.

Doesn't really matter if It's better or not, MTA had help from rockstar and a longer time to develop, not to mention that SA-MP only has one developer (as far as I know).

I also believe SA-MP has some sort of policy against introducing serverside downloadable content to prevent the mod from being too much non-GTA San Andreas.

HeHu, get your facts right. Kye is an ex-developer or MTA. And yes, he seems to be the only developer. How much does he develop? A very little amount of fixes and new features. In 6 months. MTA can develop more in one single month, with currently ccw and Cazomino05 as leading coders.

And if SA:MP has that policy, why do they included those custom objects then?

Also, help from Rockstar? False. I know more than you do, and I can say they did NOT get any help from Rockstar. They did get a official message from them, but that was back in 2003.

Actually, R* did release some details about the SA engine a while ago, which might have helped.

Also, my opinion on SAMP and MTA is that they are two very different things. SAMP is the TRUE San Andreas multiplayer modification. It makes much more use of the original SA features.

MTA is much more than a multiplayer modification. It is a multiplayer platform. A powerful game engine built on top of one of the best games in the history of the industry.

That's the difference.