[SA-MP] Better then MTA ?

nowofresh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at IV-MP they are only at 0.3 I think, and guess what.

It was more advanced then SA-MP Lol

They are at 0.1 T1(testing build).

SA-MP was the first Grand Theft Auto online version (if im not wrong), so its so poor, and i dont see how 16.000 players will notice about new downloads... and it has maaaany players.

Why? Simple, when a noob types "GTA SA Online" or "GTA SA Multiplayer", Google's results are not more than SA-MP (the name of game says all), so the user doesnt care about other things, so he just download and play. (i can say 80% of SAMP users didnt visited SAMP forum).

If you look at IV-MP they are only at 0.3 I think, and guess what.

It was more advanced then SA-MP Lol

They are at 0.1 T1(testing build).

SA-MP was the first Grand Theft Auto online version (if im not wrong), so its so poor, and i dont see how 16.000 players will notice about new downloads... and it has maaaany players.

Why? Simple, when a noob types "GTA SA Online" or "GTA SA Multiplayer", Google's results are not more than SA-MP (the name of game says all), so the user doesnt care about other things, so he just download and play. (i can say 80% of SAMP users didnt visited SAMP forum).

You are wrong, mta was the first multiplayer mod...

Most people think SA-MP was better. We think not.

The best reason is that the word "GTA SA multiplayer" was always directing at SA-MP instead of MTA SA.

MTA SA was harder to be directed, because SA-MP is always directed at the top of the search results... That's the reason they got so many players. And MTA was... not really much.

Google for example, I searched "San Andreas Multiplayer", SA-MP covers the whole search, while there's only one "MTA SA" far down the first page of the results. (may be different)

And, if I search "GTA San Andreas Multiplayer", instead a whole page covers SA-MP. No MTA SA at all.

But, I was thinking, 90% of maps are made in MTA SA's editor. That's a lot. Even the screenshots have a label of "MTA SA 1.0.4" on the bottom right and the editor buttons. I know that most people already noticed MTA SA, but they never want to see what's beyond the map editor. That's sad. To get the servers crowded, make some popular servers like SA-MP did. A "little bit less" secured Roleplay should be made. (Valhalla takes a long time to get access to the server, I think many people are lazy to fill out questions and wait in order to play).

My idea: Make more Roleplay servers, take examples from SA-MP roleplay servers and Valhalla, and make similar scripts and so on, but better than the ones on SA-MP (like GUI, Easing, Camera, etc).

Most people think SA-MP was better. We think not.

The best reason is that the word "GTA SA multiplayer" was always directing at SA-MP instead of MTA SA.

MTA SA was harder to be directed, because SA-MP is always directed at the top of the search results... That's the reason they got so many players. And MTA was... not really much.

Google for example, I searched "San Andreas Multiplayer", SA-MP covers the whole search, while there's only one "MTA SA" far down the first page of the results. (may be different)

And, if I search "GTA San Andreas Multiplayer", instead a whole page covers SA-MP. No MTA SA at all.

But, I was thinking, 90% of maps are made in MTA SA's editor. That's a lot. Even the screenshots have a label of "MTA SA 1.0.4" on the bottom right and the editor buttons. I know that most people already noticed MTA SA, but they never want to see what's beyond the map editor. That's sad. To get the servers crowded, make some popular servers like SA-MP did. A "little bit less" secured Roleplay should be made. (Valhalla takes a long time to get access to the server, I think many people are lazy to fill out questions and wait in order to play).

My idea: Make more Roleplay servers, take examples from SA-MP roleplay servers and Valhalla, and make similar scripts and so on, but better than the ones on SA-MP (like GUI, Easing, Camera, etc).

There are many roleplay servers... the thing is, they are not in English languaje...

I like roleplay stuff but roleplay owners made german servers, or spanish servers.

sa-mp is better than mta:sa now...

Custom object is very good idea, this can attach this same element to all skin in hand for example, and i musn't replace this fucking models...

I hope that in future versions of MTA: SA, you can use "custom models" :D

It's not better. SA-MP doesn't even import custom models. Everything it has is client modding the game. It's easily possible to do with .bat files. SA-MP doesn't have what MTA has: loading models directly into the game process. That doesn't need any modding of game files and what's more, objects can be replaced anytime. So if you want to have original and custom models together, you can make a custom model streamer.

Custom object is very good idea, this can attach this same element to all skin in hand for example, and i musn't replace this :o models...

I think you're kidding me omg!

We are always saying "YOU CAN MAKE A CUSTOM MODEL AND ATTACH IT TO PLAYER"...

I agree CrystalMV, why force people to modify GTA SA's client and leave it modified forever just for one server in SA-MP?

MTA SA has a better ones, because you don't need to modify your client. But still, the white textures pose a problem in the system. But anyways that's what custom objects streamer are for, right? :D

Plus, after replacing a model, you don't even need to restart GTA SA in order to make things work.

Did you forgot to see these functions here? https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Cli ... _functions

Custom object is very good idea, this can attach this same element to all skin in hand for example, and i musn't replace this :o models...

I will say the same thing CrystalMV said.

And if you want the samp objects for MTA, they are there viewtopic.php?f=108&t=32368 LoL

In MTA the clients download the custom stuff directly ingame and after the download , the custom stuff is ready to use.

In samp u have (all players) to find the stuff on internet , download it and install it , now u have a moded gta sa and say hello to the bugs. :lol: now the game lag because you have toooo many new objects and now u have to uninstall or you need to change your object ID , because you lost some default sa objects and you need the default object you have replaced

, so you uninstall and you install again and all players need to do that and omgf ... This is so primitive.

And what do you think about this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbET9sRz_sU

This video is from MTA 1.0 , now we are on 1.0.4 LoL

I will say the same thing CrystalMV said.

And if you want the samp objects for MTA, they are there viewtopic.php?f=108&t=32368 LoL

In MTA the clients download the custom stuff directly ingame and after the download , the custom stuff is ready to use.

In samp u have (all players) to find the stuff on internet , download it and install it , now u have a moded gta sa and say hello to the bugs. :lol: now the game lag because you have toooo many new objects and now u have to uninstall or you need to change your object ID , because you lost some default sa objects and you need the default object you have replaced

, so you uninstall and you install again and all players need to do that and omgf ... This is so primitive.

And what do you think about this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbET9sRz_sU

This video is from MTA 1.0 , now we are on 1.0.4 LoL

Yh and 1.1 is coming soon

you can make a custom model streamer.

How can i made this?

By scripting, of course. When you go to one place, one model is loaded, when you go to another, another model is loaded in the same place. That's how you'll never run out of model IDs. Well, I admit MTA custom model system is a bit unstable, but I hope it will be improved.

I’ve only just came across this thread until now. I suppose there will always be two different sides of the story. People will pick the smallest of issues from the impossible and judge an entire strand on something unreasonable. The biggest benefit that the two teams have is that they allow all players to have a choice to which product they want to play.

The one thing that makes MTA standout is the history behind the whole story. I remember seeing a thread back in the day received from a technical worker at Rockstar acknowledging the development to the beginning of this great mod (I believe it was sent to Blokker). Now look how far these years have fast forward - were still here going strong. Thousands have left, thousands have continued to join. Nowadays the new generation jump on the bandwagon and don’t realise the history behind the process - to be honest, I don’t blame them, as I’d rather get straight into the action.

Ahh, I ever asked, "Does MTA SA ever get a response from Rockstar?"

And eAi (maybe, I forgot) gave me the same link as you did.

I really wanted to see if there is another response from Rockstar, if they give that kind of compliment again, maybe MTA SA can get more players. But unfortunately, that response was forgotten long ago, for unknown reasons (AFAIK).

One idea came into my mind: Did SA-MP ever get compliments from Rockstar?

In my opinion MTA developers should create new archive like gta3.img and here put's cool models ( players download this with mta client it's better solution then replacing orginal models... )

Why?

- Player most download this files ( some players have low internet connection )

- Original models is used in gta original map...

- It will be easier in scripting

No, gtfo. That would break the custom model functions since you can load every model you want now. If MTA does what SA:MP does, scripters aren't free to create whatever they want.

And, get a good connection. Most servers do not have much to download, and if so, you can make an auto-installer like DKR has made.

In my opinion MTA developers should create new archive like gta3.img and here put's cool models ( players download this with mta client it's better solution then replacing orginal models... )

Why?

- Player most download this files ( some players have low internet connection )

- Original models is used in gta original map...

- It will be easier in scripting

Are you kidding me?

If you want that, get your own server and learn scripting.

That can be done using engine functions.

Btw, GTASA StreamLimit is so small, so MTA will lag with many textures.

I really wanted to see if there is another response from Rockstar, if they give that kind of compliment again, maybe MTA SA can get more players. But unfortunately, that response was forgotten long ago, for unknown reasons (AFAIK).

One idea came into my mind: Did SA-MP ever get compliments from Rockstar?

We've had a lot of contact with R*, unfortunately we're not able to share any more than that, but they have been very supportive of MTA.

It's not better. SA-MP doesn't even import custom models. Everything it has is client modding the game. It's easily possible to do with .bat files. SA-MP doesn't have what MTA has: loading models directly into the game process. That doesn't need any modding of game files and what's more, objects can be replaced anytime. So if you want to have original and custom models together, you can make a custom model streamer.

you can import lol, but theres just a limit of how much you can import. thats the only problem

also samp doesnt use getboneposition or something, they use a simple native

http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/SetPlayerAttachedObject