[SA-MP] Better then MTA ?

nowofresh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid, you can use a custom 3D object model and attach it to the player.

Show me, how? getPedBonePosition inside in onClientPreRender? Huh, no, this will sux so much since MTA can't handle bone angles. I remember someone (Kayl?) was trying to get this thing work but eh.. didn't finish it?

i met only 9 people from my country in mta ( in 10 months ), while sa mp have new official record - 400 lithuanians online in one server.

Why still mta better for me ?

The way more better mta program itself ( scripting,map editor), 10 times less hackers,10 times more inteligent people,and always one step forward then sa mp.

Thanks for reading, i love mta ;-)

SA-MP may be using GTA SA function to attach object to the bone which has no problems with rotation. But it's still possible to calculate accurate rotations on MTA. That only proves MTA is better because features which are available in SA-MP are scriptable in MTA. MTA doesn't have function to attach objects to bones, but you can script it. MTA doesn't have 3D labels, but you can script them. MTA doesn't have functions to record player actions and play them on NPCs, but you can script them :)

• Discord Moderators
you shud take a look on this

http://forum.gamerxserver.com/showwiki.php?title=The+GamerX+Custom+IMG+File

that isnt just the clothes is the whole ped model

LMFAO the top one looks super retarded but the niko one is cool

ped dff replacement for MTA is a requested feature. I doubt it's impossible to do and will be implemented sometime.

and if I'm not mistaken, you can download GamerX's img file off that website. We could practically do the same, but for people who haven't downloaded it can't be participating the fun. It seems a bit overkill to redownload their entire gta3.img everytime they add a new update.

You certainly could do the same in MTA, but we avoid doing such nasty things as making people break their GTASA install to play on a particular server.

Of course, if a server admin wants to do so, they can, but as a development team, our aim is to avoid such things using The Wonderful MTA Resource System™.

The very fact that this thread exists on our forum should answer the question in the title.

SA-MP supports the whole model? because the models works like a single player mod, it modify's the gta3.img. U need to download a pack, unzip,copy,paste,replace and bla bla bla...

It's the same to you and a player have the same skin installed in yours GTA's. And you can do that on MTA too... (But it's very dumb)

Since mta does everything automatically and doesn't need a single game restart to change the models.

Lolz, mta is mta, sa-mp is sa-mp, how hard is to people understand the difference? @_@

It will be simply great if samp have never existed, can you imagine how many people will be joining MTA.

This is really annoying, everytime I read a topic all I see is people talking about SA-MP. I'm a member of both community and I know both sides have their pros and cons, but you can judge the other community for every single thing they do. I like MTA as much as I like SA-MP and I know both of them have had problems, why hold a grudge? Instead, make some nice suggestions and contribute to the MTA community.

I am not talking about everyone in this forum but people that usually post comments like Benox.exe's, comparing both mods, etc. Those comments aren't mature at all. I know moderators from the SA-MP forum are a pain in the ass, but sometimes I like the way they censor posts talking about MTA. Why? because MTA isn't their business, or at least it isn't at their forum. I'm not saying people from SA-MP are really mature, but I guess you get what I mean, don't you?

:roll:

Because (surely) all we think MTA is better than SAMP in every way. MTA, even, is one of the best 5 MODs! And you still thinking that SAMP is good?

PS: For the "bone rotation" you can use findRotation useful function and use Y and Z points of 2 bones, then you will get the bone rotation ;)

And you still thinking that SAMP is good?
I like MTA as much as I like SA-MP...

I never said SA-MP was good or bad, I said I hate people posting unuseful comments like Benox.exe's. MTA is great but those kind of comments make the community look ugly.

Ah! yes that comment, everyone has their good days and bad days and I say this in a bad day.

I often hear that the big positives of samp, is the number of players and allows the emergence of servers RPG with many people, but this puts into context the total number of players on the mod and we know all that there are fewer players on MTA and much more on samp and the result = big RPG servers on samp, but MTA could have big RPG if there were more players.

A Dude that know nothing about the 2 multiplayers mod and he goes on google and look for a gta san andreas multiplayer. He will write gta san andreas multiplayer = Samp

I would be surprised if he writes Multi Theft Auto on google :|

• 1 month later...

I just compared bone IDs of MTA, SA-MP and GTA SA. I noticed that SA-MP uses the same bone IDs which are used in GTA SA SCM scripts. It seems like these bones have rotations and game uses them not only for object attachments, but also to calculate positions of vertices of the ped model itself. MTA function actually gets position of joints, not bones. List of joints is longer than list of bones and joints don't have rotations. I think function in MTA to get bone position and rotation would be possible, but still, calculating them from positions of joints is easy enough.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3870/noweprzedmiotynew.png

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/473/noweprzedmioty.png

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4816/nowezdjecie.png

WHAT THE :o ! ! ?

Developers, we don't want to samp be better then mta -.-

Can u add option to wear clothes on a ped ?

In 3# picture u can see on a ped head new clothes :(.

Bye,

Or you can replace any 3D dff and attach it to player...