Pizza Boy Script Help

vanishSHC

Okay, I've realized since the beginning that you guys aren't here to code these scripts for me... And I'm not looking to post my entire code here seeing as the amount of people taking code and claiming it as their own nowadays but basically I have 2 functions that don't function as well as I hoped.

The Deliver function and the House function.

My Deliver Function:

function deliver(thePlayer, matchingDimension) 
if isElementWithinMarker(thePlayer, pizzamarker)  
then -- if element is indeed in the marker and types /deliver 
    givePlayerMoney(thePlayer, 100) --reward   
    destroyElement (pizzablip) 
    destroyElement (pizzamarker) 
return mission2(theVehicle,Seat,Jacked) 
else 
  end 
    end 
 addCommandHandler("deliver", deliver) 

My House Function:

function mission1(theVehicle,seat,jacked) 
 if ( getElementModel ( theVehicle ) == 448 )  
 then -- if its a pizzaboy 
outputChatBox("You have entered a Pizza Delivery Vehicle, Deliver the Pizza to the Red House Blip on your MiniMap and type /deliver!", source,255,0,0) 
pizzablip = createBlip(2363.1,-1672.0, 13.5, 32, 2, 255, 0, 0) 
pizzamarker = createMarker(2363.1,-1672.0, 12.8, "cylinder", 2, 255, 0, 0) 

end 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerVehicleEnter", getRootElement(), mission1 ) 

function mission2(theVehicle,seat,jacked) 
outputChatBox("Okay! That went well, You're next delivery is up! Don't forget to use /deliver!", source,255,0,0) 
pizzablip = createBlip(2157.4, -1792.0 ,13.3, 32, 2, 255, 0, 0) 
pizzamarker = createMarker(2157.4, -1792.0 ,13.3,"cylinder", 2, 255, 0, 0) 
end 

Now my issues are that each individual house that I have programmed with the "pizzablip" and "pizzamarker" responds to the function above...

After the blip is destroyed upon delivery it points to another function (each house location being its own function).

1. I don't want a linear pattern I want it to randomly select a new house after each delivery (It would seem stupid and repetitive to drive the same pizza route) (especially being an ex pizza driver IRL i would probably cry if the same people ordered pizza everyday in the same exact order lol)

I have it set so that when you enter the vehicle it starts mission1. The reason why my code is written the way it was because it was more trial and error to get it working.

2. The /deliver function does not destroy the second house's blip/marker (I've tried to make it pizzablip2 rather than just pizzablip but that causes it to function more linear and i want it more randomized)

I dont want to have to make /deliver1 /deliver2 /deliver 3 to get each individual house to point the next house.

3. The first house is completely fine, It works... /deliver destroys it and points me to the 2nd house. When i go to the second house It doesnt destroy it but awards the money. Obviously this is something to do with the pizzamarker and pizzablip portion of my code on the second mission.

4. I don't want the same amount of money per house granted! That would mean everyone is making 100 dollar orders!!!

So, That being said. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction as far as making this script function the way I stated above? Oh and, I won't be surprised if any of you tell me i need to rewrite this completely. Feel free to PM me about this as well.

Edited by Guest

You could try this way, using one table with all locations, and randomly selecting one location from it.

local pizzablip, pizzamarker, house 
local locations = {} 
location[1] = { x = 2363.1, y = -1672, z = 13.5, blipicon = 32, reward = 100 } 
location[2] = { x = 2157.4, y = -1792, z = 13.3, blipicon = 32, reward = 250 } 
-- add other locations ... 

function enteredMissionvehicle (theVehicle,seat,jacked) 
    if ( getElementModel ( theVehicle ) == 448 ) then -- if its a pizzaboy 
        outputChatBox("You have entered a Pizza Delivery Vehicle, Deliver the Pizza to the Red House Blip on your MiniMap and type /deliver!", source,255,0,0) 
        startRandomMission() 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerVehicleEnter", getRootElement(), enteredMissionvehicle ) 

function startRandomMission() 
    house = locations[math.random(1,#locations)] 
    pizzablip = createBlip ( house.x, house.y, house.z, house.blipicon, 2, 255, 0, 0 ) 
    pizzamarker = createMarker ( house.x, house.y, house.z, "cylinder", 2, 255, 0, 0 ) 
end 

You'll still need to split things up in server and client side tho, else everyone will start seeing random blips.

Thanks SDK for reworking my script :D Im just having one issue however...

Server Sided File containing the location code is giving me an Error.

Error:Missions\Mission2\.lua:3: attempt to index global 'location' (a nil value)

local pizzablip, pizzamarker, house 
local locations = {} 
location[1] = { x = 2363.1, y = -1672, z = 13.3, blipicon = 32, reward = 100 } 
location[2] = { x = 2157.4, y = -1792, z = 13.3, blipicon = 32, reward = 250 } 

No blips are showing up, i also tried this client sided. So close yet far away heh. Not quite sure what to do

Yeah cause my table name was wrong, "locations" and "location", they should be the same

And about the blips, this code is meant as an example, you'll have to rewrite it into a server and client file, using events to trigger stuff