Need traffic!

Guest damon

Thats like saying GTA 1 & 2's multiplayer was stupid because they had not only traffic and ped's, but also cops (gta 2 that is)

i personally would never of played them in mp if there was no traffic, imagine having to search the city to find a car, wheres the fun in that? and then you would only have deathmatch, there was also points mode first to so many points by killing people and cars etc...

I don't want to start a major argument, But aren't there great big flashing neon pink arrows above people's head's/car's?

I also think that if its possible to sync traffic/peds in anyway, that there should also be an option to turn it off. As some people like it on, some off, and some mite want to have it on sometimes, and off sometimes...

it would be cool to have a gun battle in the middle of a crowded street... (alright, in the middle of a moderately busy street... that was the problem with GTA3. No crowded streets in a big city.) And the cars that the peds would provide for you would be very very useful... And it would open up new gameplay modes....

The problem is: the god-damn f**king lag! :cry::cry::cry: *snif*

yea i'm in favour of it, but from what i've read mta won't include traffic, at least not for a while, even tho in my dreams i dream of playing mta (Yes i dream of playing gta mp....) rolling out of my car at high speed, whip out the rocket launcher, take out the hunter following me (whilst avoiding all the missiles and gunfire, like james bond would without even a bruise yet everything else has gone thru an atomic war) then hijack a golf caddy and drive ... steadily into the sun set...(whilst doing a drive by on the person who i jacked the car from)

Its my dream, and in my perfect world, that would happen...Not everyday, but enough to keep me happy :)

(anyone who reads this please realise i'm talking about mta and not real life...I mean seriously, you'd never see a golf caddy driving around the streets)

I have a dream!

When everyone is connected by there own OC12 connection. I have a dream where Vice City is completely populated with thousand's of players. I have a dream where communities can come together and kill one another.

I have a dream!

it would be impossible, you ever notice the traffic in single player appears like 50 feet in front of you and if u look away it dissapears? how the HELL would it work in MP

No it wouldn't be impossible. What you are talking about is draw distance. It's what your computer draws, not what is there. If you know a little about the code, you can actually turn the draw distance to infinate. Don't answer questions when you don't know what you're talking about please, you'll just confuse someone. It's a netcode thing that's all.

traffic would be heaps good in this.
it's impossible. it's hard to sync it.. *shoots this topic with a gun*

Again, it's not impossible, just improbable. I don't think that the syncing is the issue here, it's the netcode. That would be a TON of information to sync.

Traffic would be like very hard to make and that would lag your ass up, beacous in singelplayer car apper just for you, and where you look, and that's not gone work in mp, so there must be another way out. I think that cars should like patrol the city, if they have very long path then players would not understand that car don't drive random paths, and when one car is destroyed a new one would apper some where on the destroyed car's path. Realy big - of the thing is that there would be lag when you are playing beacous you PC need information of all cars in town... when there are like 200 or more cars in vice city the, that's to mutch.

Wouldn't it be possible to make it an option for playing over LAN only... because I think the traffic is something that makes playing more enjoyable, but its too much traffic for internet play...