A New Radio Station

SM xenex

Ive just gotten this idea,we( players of mta) act as dj's we make a recoding of us doing as dj's, then after everyones done theirs , they send it to someone,( 1 particular player on mt or someone a)and he puts some of them toghether its to replace for exapmle vrock , vcpr etcetc but remember it has to remian in the spirit of MTA/GTA, this can easily be put on everyones comupter if its was hosted on mta's sitesd as a must download or something in particular, or you can just download it and put it in your mp3 file and hen that way u can listen to others members talk on the radio.Lett meknow what youll think and iff a Admin drops in leave your comments please.

Edited by Guest

I like youre idea Evil however ive heard that its expensive to do that, true streaming, but someone correct me iff im wrong,but iff its not and can be done live it would be much cooler, and ppl could even ask for a particular song , or for the dj to say something for a particular person in the game, ex: Evil messages dj ijsvogel and tells him to tell Sm xenex :that he should learn to shoot and request the song, I'm too sexy for my shirt , for him, lol, ijsvogel: hmmm... this next songs is dedicated to Sm xenex, and i am to tell u , u should learn to shoot.(lol) get it? i like the streaming idea , iff anyone know iff and how it can be done let us know on tis forum, and the mta prgrammers let me know iff it wopuld be possible .and how hard would it be?(time and works)

Windows Media Encoder would be great for this does a great job at streaming music at 128k with out any problems from a regular cable/dsl line only problem is that it does not have a stream format file made in mp3 and even if it did vc would have to have the option to buffer the music before its played i was told this could be done but would be very hard:(

so i guesss iff we are to have a , mta players radio station we have to record it first and then put them on the files , ,but mta team lett me know iff its nly possible to putt it as mp3,or we could replace the other radio stations too, ex vrock vcvpr.

i just got an idea , it wouldnt be live but it would keep evryone one track , we would do a weekkly donwload so it could be more acurate, and to announce events, meetings , play times etcetcetc, , and i got another idea, iff other radio stations could be replaced we could replace vcpr to give help to new people, for ex it tels them whow to do thing s they dont know, and that cheating isnt allowed blablabla you get the idea, again lett me know what u think.

im not looking for songs:P i have 43 gigs worth of mp3's what im looking for is a way to be able to setup a playlist and be able to use a mic to be able to dj like you would hear in the radio station but live not recorded would be a realy neat option to see

It isnt expensive at all, infact its free. The tribes 2 games i play they do live commentry for ladder matches, even live tv show. They set it up all themselves and it cost them nothing except power from there comp. Ill try and find out the info on it.

Seem slike no more atention is focused on this sugestion, well anyways guuys iff u still want me to do it ill do it i think once itis done and people hear it it they would like it , i got a questioin for you,The Dj will also talk about news and "whats hapening", with this i mean he will sy the events that are coming up on mta ex: gang battles ,car racing,stunt battles etcetc... and will also focus on the development of mta and other topics saaid on the forums etc.. so i need some sugestions, like which news can the dj use ex:mta 0.2 release date will be 31-12-2500,etc i think you guys get the idea what im asking for...so iff you can help, most reactions will.then post something here ,

And Evil can u contact me send me a private message or something,I would like to discuse somethings with you.

• 1 year later...

I like all these ideas very much...

On the MTA setup screen (if there will be some kind of screen) select your playlist and every week a new radio download pack downloadable form mtavc.com And radio stations changed to the style of MTA like some else sais cheating is bad bla bla....

I hope that all of this is possible.. :)

yea this is a old suggestion, but I don't think the MTA team even has time to make a audio pack for each week :P they have much more important matters to attend to.

But why not synch the radios for each player? this was suggested for MTA:Blue before if I remember it rightly, with this feature you could comment on the radio while playing.

• 3 weeks later...

With MTA Blue's mod support , it is going to be easy to set up a radio station , put it ins omeones MP3 folder , let him host a server , and all people joining the server would be able to download the files fromt ehs ervers mp3 folder or an off server location (like a tripod site). You would only need to keep it small , because I dont want to wait for 100MB to download before I can play :D