hedit: MTA Ingame Handling Editor V2.1.4

Remi-X

Erm, I am having trouble with that resource.hedit.access, I tried to put it in the ACL like this and not sure what to do since that doesn't work.

I believe you need to set a value! I think it's something like .

So for group "Admin", you put "true", and for "Everyone", you put "false"

I believe Admin overrides Everyone.

Erm, I am having trouble with that resource.hedit.access, I tried to put it in the ACL like this and not sure what to do since that doesn't work.

Damn, non-admin players are still able to access it, even with this in the ACL. Everytime I launch the server using "" But when i go back to the ACL, it seems to have been converted to

Damn, non-admin players are still able to access it, even with this in the ACL. Everytime I launch the server using "" But when i go back to the ACL, it seems to have been converted to

Make sure the server is offline before editting the ACL otherwise it'll revert.

That's what I did. It reverts when I launch the server, but doesn't show in the ACL, but once I shut down the server and re-open the ACL it shows the revert.

That's what I did. It reverts when I launch the server, but doesn't show in the ACL, but once I shut down the server and re-open the ACL it shows the revert.

I had this problem a while back, I just kept trying. It eventually worked. Still can't understand why it does it :/ Can't help you much I'm afraid sorry.

Shut down the server.

Change ACL.

Start server.

You can't change and then restart, when the server stops it updates the acl (overwriting manual changes made when the server is running).

This issue is not related to hedit.

Shut down the server.

Change ACL.

Start server.

You can't change and then restart, when the server stops it updates the acl (overwriting manual changes made when the server is running).

This issue is not related to hedit.

Yeah I did it in that order, People can still access it.

To allow this information to be provided for everyone, I'll put a private message containing the acl into context. Setting access to true explicitly allows access but access is by default true. To negate this, if you put access to false in the Everyone group, everyone is denied access. After Everyone is denied access, placing true in the Admin group will override this and just allow the Admin group to use the feature.

XRDragon, you need to put resource.hedit.access="false" in the Everyone group as well.

To allow this information to be provided for everyone, I'll put a private message containing the acl into context. Setting access to true explicitly allows access but access is by default true. To negate this, if you put access to false in the Everyone group, everyone is denied access. After Everyone is denied access, placing true in the Admin group will override this and just allow the Admin group to use the feature.

XRDragon, you need to put resource.hedit.access="false" in the Everyone group as well.

Well I have just added

to "Everyone" and yet anyone can still access it, even with only set for admins.

It's doing that thing where it reverts to again, I change it back to what I want it to be but some reason it keeps reverting it.

• 2 weeks later...

I barely noticed that the version I am getting from here "https://code.google.com/p/hedit/downloads/detail?name=hedit-beta_rc2-r164.zip" is version r164, where do I get the versions like r185, this is most likely why I have not been able to set hedit to admins only, I can't seem to find the r185 download anywhere.

Ah! Sorry, wow! Yeah, I'll get one up right now!

I'm going to move EVERYTHING to GitHub now. Especially since Gcode has removed the downloads feature. So, I'll post anothr message with all the details.

Edited by Guest

Okay, forgive me for the triple bump. I tried deleting the last one but it wouldn't let me!

Handling Editor 2.1 has released!

Download it here

New with 2.1:

• DragMeter! Drag the buttons in the editor to quickly modify the variable!
  • ACL access control! Limit access to hedit by a simple ACL right: resource.hedit.access
  • Revised GUI design
  • Various bugfixes

Edited by Guest