hedit: MTA Ingame Handling Editor V2.1.4

Remi-X

You know upper limit has to be HIGHER than the lower limit? Otherwise it will cause a LSOD indeed, because the suspension will do a X effect. The above limit gets under the lower limit - that's impossible. I'll try to make a block for that though.

Also, fixed the Percent Submerged value. It had to be an integer instead of a float.

BTW: What did you change to the freeroam resource? It takes really long to join, and /kill doesn't fix a LSOD anymore. I like the join thing though, spawning at the place you were at last :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Google Code!

I'm proud to announce that this project now has a Google Code page! You can watch every little update from now on, and see what have been changed. I'm only posting big updates from now on in this topic, for other updates you can watch the project. I will try to make the updates as clear as possible if needed to.

A little explanation:

You can just like on the MTA project review and comment on updates. I would appreciate it very much when you review the code, to optimize the script as much as possible.

The trunk will contain just like the MTA project the resource which is currently being developed, but the branches will contain only files - not complete resources. These are just try-outs, or small stuff which can't be implemented to the script yet.

You can always download the complete resource using TortoiseSVN or some other SVN application, and try the script by yourself on a handling build. It might not be stable the time you download it though. Stable releases might become into the downloads section.

I might not comment the script. It's fine to read for me, and I do not have or need any other big developers, so there was no need in the first place to comment it. But, I will do it when I have time, just for you guys who are interested :)

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
(I think)

You're correct, I dont know how I can automatically build downloads on GoogleCode. But, fortunately, a friend is willing to create a 'nightly'-like page for me. Might be online tomorrow already, were both gonna script it :)

Remi-X, you should make some scrollbars for suspension stuff :).

Already thought about this, but I'm not going to do it unfortunately. I would be nice indeed, but the problem is that the GUI is clientside (ofcourse), and the set functions are serverside. So, imagine how much triggerServerEvents that will be when some noob is having fun with sliding the scrollbars. The checkboxes of modelFlags and handlingFlags are already causing problems which I need to fix.

suggestion: load specified vehicle settings.

example: we are in infernus and load monster setting

Might be doing this, but will have a low priority. There's a problem though. Some stuff is depending on the vehicle model, and might result in a block or crash if loading wrong data on the wrong vehicle.

What's wrong with triggerServerEvent? I use it for setMarkerColor, setPlayerNametagColor and setVehicleHeadLightColor on my server and there is no problem :).

The scrollbar is a GUI, so clientside. EVERY calculation in handling is managed clientside either. But, if the calculation is done, and the data is ready to send to the server, it will use triggerServerEvent which is unavoidable. Set is only possible serverside.

Get Hedit yourself to experience the problem. Get on your server with maybe 1 or 2 players, go the the modelFlags/handlingFlags menu, and get debugscript on 3. Now, keep clicking some checkbox as fast as you can. After a few seconds, nothing will happen, and you might get network trouble. A few seconds more, and something appears on your debug: Stack overflow. This means the script can't handle what you're doing, and will be aborted. Note this is only clientside, all the other triggers before this error are sent to the server. That's why you had network trouble.

I'm able to fix this problem for the chatboxes by disallowing so much triggers, but it will be much harder to do so with scrollbars.

I could only apply the settings after the scrollbar has been released, but this will give no smooth effect; thus no improvements to the current functionality.

Well, my server has a scrollbar that sets the namecolor, and it triggers the event, I started to play with it as many people did (60+ players playing my server :)) and nothing happened :roll:.

Well, I'm testing it with 1.0.5, and maybe you are getting problems because of your local server, and the difference in quality...

I'm hosting my server with a +100 euros root machine, obviously the conection will be 100 times more slow in your local server (the 1.1 local server really sucks for me).

Hey Remi, I'm back now.

I have a few things to say. I tried hedit a few seconds back and it doesn't work, just add uItemText = {} in the vars file to fix that bug (I know you know what to do but telling you will be pretty simple :3)

You probably already know I told this but this now I will tell you the idea properly. I don't know what everything is exactly called, but I'm gonna put it this way.

"Sub window" is the content (where you edit stuff)

"Sub-window title" is just above the content (where it says what menu is chosen, like Engine options, body options etc)

Dragging the "sub-window title" set's it's alpha to zero and then creates a label (parent = screen, with alpha = 128), whilst mouse1 state is down, moving the mouse will move the label and when mouse1 state is released the label is destroyed, a window containing the "sub-window" content will be made, the main hedit window will have the option you dragged, grayed out.

Why? Quick editing. One window here, one window here.

I have a few things to say. I tried hedit a few seconds back and it doesn't work, just add uItemText = {} in the vars file to fix that bug (I know you know what to do but telling you will be pretty simple :3)

Weird, probably something messed up in the commit. No problems here, and I didn't made any changes since then. (I'mah lazy D:)

Quick editing. One window here, one window here.

Possible to do now. Some maths calculating the label position absolute to the screen to enable it to move around, and copy the menu's children to a new menu. Wouldn't even require template modifications.

First going to fix import though, tried to make this, but a dead fly can do more than this function can at the moment..

Weird, probably something messed up in the commit. No problems here, and I didn't made any changes since then. (I'mah lazy D:)

Quick editing. One window here, one window here.

Possible to do now. Some maths calculating the label position absolute to the screen to enable it to move around, and copy the menu's children to a new menu. Wouldn't even require template modifications.

First going to fix import though, tried to make this, but a dead fly can do more than this function can at the moment..

Sorry for the late reply, that will be great! I can't wait :D