MTA:SA Main Menu / GUI.

I think we should treat all easier. The whole point here is in the details. Take some pretty static place, and will create an interesting situations. There will be walking peds, peds will be driving cars. In addition to this need to work on the animations and the possible scenario of these manipulations. May need some kind of objects, textures, game effects and music.

I think it would be nice to have 3d background with CJ, Tommy and Claude, like it was in early MTA SA DM versions. Custom DFF and a simple lua script for moving the camera would be needed. Also, if support for animated UV gets implemented, walls with gameplay videos could be made too.

Good idea! I like your idea Zango and x86

Yeah I was also one of the problems. I got a pretty bad PC and I don't really know what will happen when the main menu has this.

Btw, why not only show something like that when you're outside of a server? That way of main menu (in a server, pressing ESC) is more suitable as a singleplayer anyways.

• 3 months later...

Using ingame rendering in the main menu looks nice. However, two states should be distinguished. Connected and not connected.

Not connected:

Shows the preset 3D scene.

This could include preloading the game before showing the menu, but it doesn't have to wait for that. Showing static image for not loaded game would also be OK while the feature will be implemented later.

Connected:

Just show the actual gameplay.

Could temporary remove the HUD (and maybe hide some other cegui elements if it would give a nicer background) (be sure not to add it back later if it was already disabled by the player).

Some alpha-channeled background-color would also give positive effect on this one. And/Or ingame blur.

Why no static background? The 3D stuff is already streamed in and rendered IIRC, also you can see what's going on while e.g changing your key bindings.

Then again, it's not worth wasting time on while there are more important reports on the bugtracker.

Edited by Guest