legal

• MTA Team

Let's end the debates once and for all.

MTA is legal, we do not alter, replace or hack any files created by Rockstar.

A no-cd crack/backup copy can be legal but some requirements need to be fulfilled:

* You may not use it to run 1 copy of the game on multiple pc's at the same time.

* It is a hacked file and may be a © infriction in your country.

* You need to have the original copy with you at all time if you use a backup.

* Your original copy may not be loaned/rented to/from a friend.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
no-cd = no game (yeah right you know ur lying)

Actually i have nocd cracks for almost every game i own (yes including my original copy of GTA:VC) just for the fact it saves me having to lug countless cds with my laptop to work and back (need something to do on my breaks)

• 1 month later...
Won't sue yuo for what? Helping GTA out and making it more interactful?

They're a large(ish) company. I'm sure they can find a reason for suing you if they don't happen to like what you're doing *cough* Microsoft *cough*

Well, i don't understand why they don't support, if you guys (MTA Team) and Rockstar games joined forces, and you could probably make a non-beta version of GTA#, VC with in ,what? 2-3 months? With the littel money you would need(I think?) And then as soon as they are done making SA for puter, let guys get a coy and make a MTA for it, then about a moth after SA is out, cum out with a 0.1 beta for it. Or mabe evan not beta? o.O?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i think rockstar should help you guys out. You guys are doing a great thing, and dont ask for anything. But theres one thing i dont get, i read on the site that you dont accept donations. Well, if rockstar is to cheap to help u out, then why not accept donations for us? We should help you out, why not?

Yeah, i think rockstar should help you guys out. You guys are doing a great thing, and dont ask for anything. But theres one thing i dont get, i read on the site that you dont accept donations. Well, if rockstar is to cheap to help u out, then why not accept donations for us? We should help you out, why not?

I think because that would be making money on this would be considered copyright infringement of some kind, wouldn' it?

Not sure, but I think that's the basic reason why.

I think because that would be making money on this would be considered copyright infringement of some kind, wouldn' it?

No, thats not the reason.

eAi

then why? I mean u guys are doign this volunatirily but if its legal, and we support you guys financially, you could buy more servers, and have more resources to make mta even better

I believe the reason is that some people might be donating and therefore expecting to get more accepted and get more advantages in MTA, like being admin or moderator somewhere (server/forum). So I'm pretty sure that within a certain amount of time, lots of n00bs will be donating and then saying that they now have more rights/privileges and they will say things like 'I'm going to court to sue you guys for not giving me what I payed for.'

Just assuming :)

• 2 weeks later...

No, thats not the reason.

eAi

well, is the reason bcuz of that contract w/sony. they said that the PC & xbox version cant have any xtra features then the ps2 one. so if rockstar pay mta, that also means that they themselves are indirectly adding mp support into gta, therfore adding xtra features.

btw: the skin and mp3 player feature isnt that major....it wont really affect the game much, that it's allowed i think.