NO CD hack?

Guest glassowater87

----- Feel free to delete this if you think it's inapropriate -----

The NO CD patches are legal, and I was wondering if you guys could put something in the next install that allowed for a NO CD key patchto be installed. Beacues i wanted to play this on my LAN but couldn't cause I only have 1 CD.

Thanks!

Right. Well, I'm glad you can decide that I'm ignorant from one post. But what I said was indeed accurate. MTA does not have any CD-checks built into it. Nor, would I imagine any will ever be built in. The only cd checks are in the original game .exe. Which, are easily bypassed. They are, CRC checks (cyclonic redundancy checks) They would not have to make an "option" like you posted above for such "mechanisms" since there is no need to.

• MTA Team

First of all : MTA has no CRC checks at this moment

Second: if we had, hacking the client to remove it would be illegal

third : a no cd crack is illegal:

* due to the fact you may not hack the exe file.

* you may not use 1 copy of the game on 2 machines on the same time. So playing on a LAN with only 1 copy is illegal

The original poster was wanting an install that automatically overwrote the original executable with a "no-cd version. And last time I checked, no CD verification utility EVER used CRC. Correct me if I am wrong, but the protection used on Vice City is called "SecuRom". No one is asking for MTA to do SecuRom checks. They were looking for a way to get around them, since they claim it to be "legal". My advice was for them to find their own, and claim their own responsibility, instead of MTA potentially providing a way for those that do not have legitimate copies to otherwise circumvent this. And thank YOU.

Oh, my terminology may be slightly inaccurate. However, safedisc 2 does use CRC checks.. and you should research a bit more before assuming you know anything. No-CD cracks are legal if you actually own a "backup" At least.. in the country I live in. But as Blokker stated, running 2 seperate copies of 1 licensed material(s) is illegal.

Yeah.. there's no real technical data on that pdf document. That's merely a marketing spread. I really do not care to argue over something I already know is correct. If you do not realize that CRC is part of the process and essentially a key factor.. well, that's you. Cya