FRAPS is history...

Well i got it downloaded and ill say this much ill give it a 5 out of a scale of 1-10 and thats because i cant get it to capture more than 1fps! seems more like a screenshot/audio tool hehe fraps is better than this by far from my opinion but encoder is better than all:P

Well i got it downloaded and ill say this much ill give it a 5 out of a scale of 1-10 and thats because i cant get it to capture more than 1fps! seems more like a screenshot/audio tool hehe fraps is better than this by far from my opinion but encoder is better than all:P

Encoder?

That's what thought you meant, it only does Windows media video though doesn't it? :(

I've just tried Screen Recorder, not very impressive..

(BTW, FRAPS records VIDEO & AUDIO!)

I'm assuming from the fact that Screen Recorder tells you that you're not registered and you're starting a 29 day trial, it's NOT free either.

When I tried to record a bit of Vice playing it recorded the desktop instead...

The only way it might have beaten FRAPS was if it let you have free choice of recording codec, but no, out of the dozen or so codecs I have installed, about 5 were available. None of them the good ones either (Xvid, DivX) just crappy old Microsoft Video and Indeo. :(

No regrets here for spending the 20 quid for FRAPS 2.0 8)

whats wrong with wmv? can have very high quality videos in small sizes i dont use divix because i cant get the codecs to run correctly for some reason and i have tryed everything with it i think its time to format i still dont mind wmv its not realy that bad :)

it's a hell of a job to make something like fraps that's especially made for recording directx and opengl stuff.

it's a pity fraps has become commercial, although i got my hands on a copy of Fraps 2.0.. it's perfect :)