More Moderation on Default Servers

SamHII

Hello all, back again.

I play default MTA (Sydney) a lot and it's a great server except for the hackers. A lot of them seem to be from South America and ruin the whole gameplay, often causing local players (non-hackers) to quit in frustration :evil: . I think these servers are run by MTA, so this is the first place I thought to ask for more moderation. If anyone can help that'd be great, I'll even moderate them if need be.

Thanks!

-Sam

The server I am referring to is simply called "Default MTA Server" @ 144.140.154.107: 22003

I have been playing this particular server for months now and have seen absolutely NO sign of admins. If MTA doesn't own this server then who does?

Thanks, Sam.

Hosted in Australia (some sources says Netherlands - but my ping to this location is 350ms which have to be far away from Poland - so it's Australia). Lot of Half-Life 2 based games are hosted on this server too. But it looks like home server not a dedi. Or just own powerful dedicated hosted on good connection from home. SSH port is closed - so another reason why it's not a dedi hosted on some companies.

Summary: Home server with a lot of gameservers, where owner seems to care about the other servers he is hosting.

• MTA Team

It is hosted on a dedicated server, which belongs to Bigpond's GameArena service.

http://www.gamearena.com.au/getconnecte ... ?gameid=79

A situation like this is quite common for servers hosted by ISPs themselves, so your best bet would be to contact them to add some admins to that server, or offer your help with managing it. If it's a rented server, you might want to ask if they could forward your message to the server owner instead.

I'd almost immediately reccommend not connecting to a "Default MTA" server. Usually those are running freeroam and every freeroam server just has a bunch of dick lickers spawnkilling the login point with rocketlaunchers.

These are definately not official servers.