MTA:SA 1.0.4 and 1.1 Progress Update

jhxp

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way of calculating what a 'practical' limit would be, for a dedicated server of X specifications?

If MTA could cope with 1000 players simultaneously, would servers also be able to cope with that much traffic? I suppose it would depend a lot on the resources which are being used, but a ballpark/average figure would be nice...

As easy way would be to do a stress test. If your server can handle that many without lag, go for it.

Not just the server, also the clients connected to it.

Sorry, should've clarified. I meant a stress test as in having alot of people test the theory together, not literally a stress test through application testing. My mistake on that one. Apologies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think a calculated result would be accurate because it was kind of frozen at around 67% for a month and also it was once 75% which means the percentage complete is very volatile and we are unable to estimate when it will be 100% the developers themselves probably don't even know.

Recently Talidan did a fix rush and fixed 8 thinks in 3 days (6 of those being done in just 2 hours!) now if that speed was kept up and if some others helped out it could be 100% within a month though I'd count more on 2-4 months.