MTA:SA 1.0.4 and 1.1 Progress Update

jhxp

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know enough players to test it? MTA has an 3200+ player record, by far not the 65535+ as it can now. The only way to test it, is to get way more players, or simulate a lot of players in some way.

Or there needs to be a way I don't know about :P

Get alot of users with alot of computers :P

Well MTA can have a public beta to get a lot of players, if they ever want to test MTA with a huge player count.

However calling a public beta probably wouldn't get enough players. This is where servers could come in, as its possible to redirect players to the test server if the server owners wished to help and have the largest ever game of multi theft auto in history.

Well MTA can have a public beta to get a lot of players, if they ever want to test MTA with a huge player count.

However calling a public beta probably wouldn't get enough players. This is where servers could come in, as its possible to redirect players to the test server if the server owners wished to help and have the largest ever game of multi theft auto in history.

Idk about that. Just did a 0.5 beta test yesterday and we maxed the server out. That call was last minute with limited advertising. I'm sure MTA could pull this off easily if they make a big deal out of it :)

The problem was that the MTA netcode didn't support having player counts higher than 255, so I changed it to support a new limit of 65535 players. This is totally unreal, and should be normalized before a release (maybe after performing some public test) to what MTA is actually capable of. Or... even using this new possibility to see where are the less efficient parts of the server and improve them.

Is there a way of calculating what a 'practical' limit would be, for a dedicated server of X specifications?

If MTA could cope with 1000 players simultaneously, would servers also be able to cope with that much traffic? I suppose it would depend a lot on the resources which are being used, but a ballpark/average figure would be nice...

Is there a way of calculating what a 'practical' limit would be, for a dedicated server of X specifications?

If MTA could cope with 1000 players simultaneously, would servers also be able to cope with that much traffic? I suppose it would depend a lot on the resources which are being used, but a ballpark/average figure would be nice...

As easy way would be to do a stress test. If your server can handle that many without lag, go for it.

As easy way would be to do a stress test. If your server can handle that many without lag, go for it.

Not just the server, also the clients connected to it.

• 2 weeks later...