MTA:SA 1.0.4 and 1.1 Progress Update

jhxp

MTA 1.1 is gonna rock the day if it's released.

Looks like MX_Master's suggestion (unicode) is granted. :)

Now most of the arabic, asian, and other countries won't have a problem chatting in MTA SA anymore.

Btw, any new fonts added?

What would happen:

MTA 1.0.4 is 10x better than SA-MP

MTA 1.1 would be 25x better than SA-MP and if they wanna move there, wise choice! It's a must! ;)

And SA-MP would come to its ice age, so lonely :cry:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now most of the arabic, asian, and other countries won't have a problem chatting in MTA SA anymore.

MX_Master pretty much pioneered the entire development for unicode branch. I'm certain it's appearance in 1.1 would have been doubtful if it were not for his initiative (thanks!). It's not complete just yet though.

MX_Master pretty much pioneered the entire development for branch. I'm certain it's appearance in 1.1 would have been doubtful if it were not for his initiative (thanks!). It's not complete just yet though.

Many of non-English players/scripters should start to migrate from SA-MP to MTA: SA, if the MTA: SA will support Unicode. In particular, many Russian scripters can go to the MTA: SA after that.

In MTA: SA scripters are almost unlimited in their capabilities. Therefore, may be new modes and scripts that will gather more people.

I think the lack of Unicode support was one of the main reasons for the unpopularity of MTA: SA compared to SA-MP. So I decided to remedy this situation, when I came to the MTA: SA. I do not have much knowledges of C++, so I want to thank Talidan, as well as other programmers from the MTA team. They actively supported this initiative. 8)

I doubt unicode is a big problem at all, well, at least for us Deathmatchers its something unnecessary, but then for roleplayers and such it would be useful, I guess. But really, it isn't a problem. Anyhow thanks for your input.

People just wont move from SA-MP to MTA cause they think the sync "sucks", because it's really that different compared to stone age SA-MP's lead aiming. Where truth is, SA-MP barely has sync.

People just wont move from SA-MP to MTA cause they think the sync "sucks", because it's really that different compared to stone age SA-MP's lead aiming. Where truth is, SA-MP barely has sync.

True, maybe they have known only the past time of MTA SA (while in development), but they may not know the power of MTA SA today.

Maybe someone should invite them, but I don't think it will be a good idea to post something like that in SA-MP forums.

@MX_Master: What? You really think russian scripters & mappers are really that much? I didn't realize that. :D

My Suggestion: Make a "choose language" option for the map editor.

@MX_Master: What? You really think russian scripters & mappers are really that much? I didn't realize that.

I'm russian and I'm a good scripter in SA-MP and MTASA. I really see the difference between these MODs as scripter and player. Players want the simplicity and beauty, they also want to read and write in their native language, that's all. Everything else depends on the scripters. At the moment, scripters can't give it to players.

And yes, I want something like "select language" too. But not in editor. I want to script this in my gamemode and i want to use GUI and DX for this. But now this feature can be done only in SA-MP's poor GUI, which has multi-language support. And this fact frustrates me.

Really good news :)

An idea: What about sync 2x more the vehicles and peds? I play race, when there are 31 cars near me my internet use is: ~15kb/s D and ~5kb/s U, synchronizing 2x it will use ~30kb/s D and ~10kb/s U (Isn't much use for internets of today).

LooooP This is the same as saying: "Hey, why dont just tune my car to run faster, it will use twice more, but thats not bad, is it?"

a LOT of people are already having slight problems with synchronisation in mta because of their sloppy connections, 15kb/s doesnt look like a lot, but think further than that, if you start your computer, it already uses some speed, you open youtube, uses even more speed, open some more speed leechers like skype and msn.

at a certain moment some connections will be interrupted because of the lack of speed.

The sync should stay the way it is, since some people are already troubled with the current one.

Really good news :)

An idea: What about sync 2x more the vehicles and peds? I play race, when there are 31 cars near me my internet use is: ~15kb/s D and ~5kb/s U, synchronizing 2x it will use ~30kb/s D and ~10kb/s U (Isn't much use for internets of today).

LooooP This is the same as saying: "Hey, why dont just tune my car to run faster, it will use twice more, but thats not bad, is it?"

a LOT of people are already having slight problems with synchronisation in mta because of their sloppy connections, 15kb/s doesnt look like a lot, but think further than that, if you start your computer, it already uses some speed, you open youtube, uses even more speed, open some more speed leechers like skype and msn.

at a certain moment some connections will be interrupted because of the lack of speed.

The sync should stay the way it is, since some people are already troubled with the current one.

Maybe leave MSN, Skype and YouTube? I never saw a people playing MTA with 1mbps less internet (120kb/s D | 40kb/s U), I think my idea doesn't have any problem

---

@MTA Team: Any prevision for MTA:SA 1.1's release?

Nice work as always.

Unicode is something necessary if you don't want to stick to bilingual people ^^ (and there are many people that doesn't speak english or not a great one).

About the monitor, i'm sad not to be credited (yes i'm not Gijs team or related to him) as i did help, but i'm happy to help you guys in some way (my noob resources are another way xD)

I'm still learning C++ and i hope you're all fine :)

Good work. Learn C++ and you'll be a pro sometime.

Unicode is one important utility for making servers popular. Most of the non-english players will now be free of problems.

Your noob resources? Like what, mobile radio or login_register? They're not noobish to me. :D