MTA:SA 1.0.4 and 1.1 Progress Update

jhxp

• MTA Team

It has been a while since the last post, so I will give you a heads up on what you can expect from the next major release of Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas - 1.1.

The next version will not be backwards compatible with older releases in terms of client-server connectivity. As you know, 1.0.x series are mostly compatible with each other, meaning that you could eg. connect to a 1.0.3 server while your client was 1.0.4, and vice-versa.

The compatibility with 1.0.x series will be dropped in this release due to network changes we had to introduce in this version, in order for some of the new features to work. Your 1.0.4 resources should be working just fine in 1.1 as they are now though, or with some minor adjustments.

Here is what we have introduced in this version so far:

- maximum players slots limit for servers was increased - it is capped at 250 now (from 128 in 1.0.x series)

- voice chat feature was introduced along with related scripting functions, based on Speex codec

- we have added support for Unicode characters in chatbox and gui boxes - this allows you to use Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese and other non-latin characters in chat and other gui boxes properly

- we have introduced new audio library for custom sounds - we replaced irrklang with BASS audio library, which gives you new possibilities such as using internet streams (eg. shoutcast radio) as custom sounds

- now it is possible to use special character skins such as Sweet, Tenpenny, Wu Zi Mu and more ingame

- added server-side synchronisation for traffic lights - a requested feature useful for roleplay or racing servers

- server browser and anticheat system were improved

- knives were made more balanced

- added performancebrowser resource, which can be used for monitoring how much cpu power a certain resource uses

Lots of effort has also been put into scripting functions for customising vehicle handling , but at this point we don't know if we will finish them before 1.1.

Aside from these, there are also dozens of bugfixes, mostly related to scripting system. You can learn about them here and here. Many of these changes are community contributions, for which we are very thankful to their authors.

Despite the work being focused on 1.1, MTASA 1.0.4 also got a nice slice of the pie, with ccw backporting some of the bugfixes and features to it, such as improvements to the autoupdater and crash fixes. If you are having problems with your 1.0.4 client or server, I would recommend updating it to the latest version, which can be found here, in the 1.0.4 section.

On a closing note, there are few more things I would like to address in this post.

Firstly, you certainly have noticed that our wiki has been offline quite often recently - it seems to be causing problems with our second webserver. We are working on resolving this issue, but in the mean time it might be offline now and then. Luckily, thanks to one of our users, you can always try the offline wiki copy when the main one is down.

Secondly, thanks to Gijs and gta-multi.com staff, we now have a new web-based server list - monitor.mtasa.com. It was made specifically for MTA, so it is much faster that Game-Monitor. You might want to give it a try.

And finally - we are proud to announce that at 9th of October we have had more than 2.600 concurrent MTA players on our servers, making MTA:SA 1.0.4 the most popular release in Multi Theft Auto's history!

stats-th.jpg

This, of course, would not be possible without continued support from you, our great fans, so we would like to thank you all for playing our mod and promoting it.

That is all for now.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah, to be honest, Multi Theft Auto is one of the software which are perfectly organized and opened, which make it ideal for developers/scripters I know tons of software, that are awesome at them own, but making scripts/addons for it, is a pain in the ass, because they didn't documented anything. You guys give a games a new life, without MTA's comminuty/documentation this game is dead.

Gosh! Looks like MTA 1.1 would be the next step of bringing more attention from most of the GTA SA & SA-MP players and hit em' harder!

Keep going MTA Team, don't give up and make sure you bring that handling functions you got there! Can't wait for long to play the full 1.1... :D

Btw, congrats on the MTA SA popularity!

ENG:

Only I have a problem with Unicode? In 1.1-unstable Unicode is working and this is why it is not.

RUS:

Только у меня проблемы с Юникодом ? В 1.1-unstable Юникод работает, а в этой почему то нет.

Edited by Guest

I'm MTA fan :P and proud of it. Thanks to MTA team. Unicode support.. that's what I want (:

2 kernell

all this features in first post will appear in version 1.1 and above

(Все эти возможности относятся к версии 1.1 и выше, это касается и юникода)

MTA 1.1 will just crap on SA-MP 10x harder than usually.

Nice work, keep it up.

1.0.4 it is already 10x or more times better then SA-MP without any doubt, 1.1 will just give MTA a better exposure and will for sure "take down" the SA-MP player count, this actual features are problably the right step to make these players wake up and see that SA-MP is a ice age plataform.

MTA 1.1 will just crap on SA-MP 10x harder than usually.

Nice work, keep it up.

1.0.4 it is already 10x or more times better then SA-MP without any doubt, 1.1 will just give MTA a better exposure and will for sure "take down" the SA-MP player count, this actual features are problably the right step to make these players wake up and see that SA-MP is a ice age plataform.

I miss the times when I was this naïve. They were such happy days. :mrgreen:

Nah, I'd be willing to place serious money on this: it won't instantly turn over X years of fanboyism and dogged determination. It's going to be awesome for those who actually care, though.