Consistant server crashing

Callum

Question

Over the last few days, our server must have crashed well over 200 times. Half the time it hangs, and the other half "MTA Server.exe has stopped responding". At first we suspected it was a form of DoS, but after banning a few suspects, it consisted, so it can't be that. We tried reverting the scripts to a few days back, again the endless crashing consisted. We then tried various new and old versions of MTA, none of which were any help. So now, I'm posting on here hoping to get a solution. You can find many of our dumps on the mantis (like here and here). We're using Windows Server 2008 R2.

This endless crashing has also entirely messed up our community and player count, as you can imagine, so we'd like a solution ASAP.

EDIT: Tuna claims it was a DoS since we setup a script to ban any people that use a method which can be used to DoS. A few people were banned, but afterwards the crashing continued. So we're confused of what to do now.

3 answers to this question

Thats right, with the help of ccw and his PerformanceBrowser we found that player(s) were doing something (I won't tell everyone how to freeze a server up) using our scripts to continually freeze the server for about 5 minutes, players did not time out though. I developed a script to prevent this action which would stop the freezing and ban them. Since then these freezes have not occured but we've had two people today that were detected and banned for this action, which I believe were intentional (quite a few similarities in the two players)

Now the server just crashes and crashes and crashes and we've tried some many things, nothing helps.

• Discord Moderators

Same on DKR we had several glitches that would enable a player to crash our server (or cause it to end up 100% CPU usage) just by physically tapping a command, that would normally seem harmless.

I don't believe MTA crashes itself like this without reason, atleast not what I've ever seen.