Donation

Guest Cheech

Hey i got 2-3 dollers in my paypal account and well i was thinking it could pay for a soda or something to keep the dev(s) thirsty free. So were would i direct my payment?

really, set up a donation part on the site.

I did read in the site somewhere you guys didn't need donations.

If you take it a bit serious, you can make quite alot of money !

really, I'm serious :!:

-my cousin had site once, pretty big, pretty good, all gaming info,

he put up paypal account and w0w, he made about 500 $ on in the first month. don't know how it did evolve-

try it !

:arrow: if you don't like the money, send it to me :D

greetings,

xerxes

PS: Keep MTA Free

IANAL.

No, they just can't "sell" the product, in this case. I helped run a "breakfast place" near my school (off campus) because the food there sucked. We can't sell food on campus, because it "competes" with what is already in place, and we can't sell it off campus because we don't have a business license or health inspections etc. We can however have an assembly in public and offer the food for free (after an unrelated donation of course) While this may be "fractionally" legal, we've not been stopped yet. Different rules apply obviously, but the circumstances are similar.

i dont think this would be benefitting from R* products.. i mean, they made the mod for free and distributed for free.. if because of that people like them so much they want to give them something, money in this case, it's only nice, they didnt intend to make money..

it's not like you're giving money for the mod, it's just that you wanna buy them a soda cause they made a free mod for ya.

(if it would be illegal for them to receive money, it would be so easy by shoving an euro in their hands and then call the police ;p)

I have designed/webmastered few fansites myself, and if my information is correct (someone verify), the words "Donate" or it's derivatives should be clearly mentioned above the link to the paypal donation box.

If there still are any problems, I suggest the site admins should contact R* and get things sorted. Actually the developers in the case of Day of Defeat helped the mod go thru commercially....maybe we can hope the same rhetoric from R*

CounterStrike and Day of Defeat both sell as stand alone games now, so surely their creators are making money from ID?

Although I'm sure ID take a NICE cut of the profits

• 4 weeks later...